Conveying the broad scope of applied musical practice in the 21st century
Collaborative Piano, Instrumental Performance, and Vocal Performance Requirements:
- Pass a live audition that demonstrates 2-3 works of appropriate literature from different music eras. A VHS recording or DVD of performance skills may be submitted in lieu of the initial live audition; however, any applicant admitted on the basis of a recorded audition must perform a live placement audition upon arrival on campus to begin studies.
- A repertoire list from the past five (5) years.
- A current resume or vita detailing your professional experience, honors, and awards.
- Copies of select programs applicant has performed in the last two (2) years.
- A personal statement that addresses 1] performing aesthetics and influences; 2] statement of purpose (why are you interested in pursuing graduate studies at Western Oregon University); and 3] long range professional goals. This personal statement is in addition to the required writing sample for the Music Department application.
(back to Admission)