Course of Study
EMIL Learning Outcomes
Content Knowledge: EMIL professionals will know and understand deeply the mathematics of elementary school as well as how mathematics concepts and skills develop through middle school including specialized knowledge that teachers need in order to understand and support student learning of elementary mathematics as specified by the AMTE Standards for Elementary Math Specialists.
Pedagogical Knowledge for Teaching Mathematics: EMIL professionals will have a foundation in pedagogical content knowledge as specified by the NCATE/NCTM Standards for Elementary Mathematics Specialists.
Leadership Knowledge and Skills: EMIL professionals will be prepared to take on collegial non-evaluative leadership roles within their schools and districts. They will have a broad view of many aspects and resources needed to support and facilitate effective instruction and professional growth.
- MTH 611 Counting and Whole Number Operations: K-8 Learning and Teacher Practices (3)
- MTH 612 Fractions and Proportions: K-8 Learning and Teacher Practices (3)
- MTH 613 Geometry and Measurement: K-8 Learning and Teacher Practices (3)
- MTH 614 Statistics and Probability: K-8 Learning and Teacher Practices (3)
- ED 637 Advanced Content Pedagogy: Mathematics (3)
- ED 673 Elementary Mathematics Leadership Practicum I (3)
- ED 609 Elementary Mathematics Leadership Practicum II (3)
- MTH 615 Patterns and Algebraic Thinking K-8 Learning and Teacher Practices (3)
- MTH 616 Algebra and Functions: K-8 Learning and Teacher Practices (3)