- Degree: Master of Arts in Teaching
- College: College of Education
It is the applicant’s responsibility to be certain all admission materials are complete and turned in to the College of Education in a timely manner. There is no official closing date for application for admission to the MAT program.
Graduate Programs Application Requirements
WOU Graduate School Office – Applicants must submit the following:
- Completed WOU Application for Graduate Admission form. Submit this form to the Graduate Office, Administration Building room 202. Students must be admitted to the WOU Graduate School before being considered for admission to the program. Submit all WOU Graduate School application materials to the Graduate Office at least one week prior to the program admission deadline.
- Sealed official transcripts from the university that granted your bachelor's degree and from all other institutions of higher education where you completed coursework. A GPA of 3.0 in the last 90 quarter hours (60 semester hours) of undergraduate coursework is required. Those with less than a 3.0 GPA can be admitted with MAT or GRE scores (see below for requirement).
- Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score. If the applicant's GPA is 3.0 or higher, the test requirement is waived. If the GPA is less than 3.0, minimum required score for the (a) MAT: 395 or higher; (b) GRE: minimum quantitative score: 147 and minimum verbal score: 148 and a 3.5 or higher on the Analytical Writing section.
- $60 non refundable application fee
MAT Admission Requirements
Students wishing to pursue the MAT program need to meet with an advisor to establish their content area. They must meet all university requirements to be admitted to the program.