- Degree: Master of Arts in Teaching: Initial License
- College: College of Education
Full-time, on-campus MAT program (optional ESOL endorsement: March cohort)
- Application packet due January 17, 2014 for March 2014 start.
- Application packet due February 14, 2014 for June 2014 start. Application deadline has been extended to the end of Winter term 2014.
Graduate Programs Application Requirements
WOU Graduate School Office – Applicants must submit the following:
- Completed WOU Application for Graduate Admission form . Submit this form to the Graduate Office, Administration Building office 202. Students must be admitted to the WOU Graduate School before being considered for admission to the program. Submit all WOU Graduate School application materials to the Graduate Office at least one week prior to the program admission deadline.
- Sealed official transcripts from the university that granted your bachelor's degree and from all other institutions of higher education where you completed coursework. A GPA of 3.0 in the last 90 quarter hours (60 semester hours) of undergraduate coursework is required. Those with less than a 3.0 GPA can be admitted with MAT or GRE scores (see below for requirement).
- Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score. If the applicant's GPA is 3.0 or higher, the test requirement is waived. If the GPA is less than 3.0, minimum required score for the (a) MAT: 395 or higher; (b) GRE: minimum quantitative score: 147 and minimum verbal score: 148 and a 3.5 or higher on the Analytical Writing section.
- $60 non refundable application fee
MAT Admission Requirements
Please submit all MAT program application materials to Karen Johnson, MAT Application Processor
See the list below of pertinent sections of the MAT application guide to print and fill out, plus other necessary materials you need to submit. Please provide your materials in the following order (1 through 12) and clipped together:
All forms require Adobe Reader ™ to save and create your digital signature.
- MAT application cover page
- Transcript evaluation: to be done before the application deadline - contact Bill Hamlin (email@example.com or 503-838-8704) for more information
- MAT application form (Note: Teaching endorsements in French and Speech are not available at WOU)
- Current resume
- Character questionnaire
- Two letters of recommendation verifying your success working with youth. Please submit in a sealed envelope with the rest of your application materials.
- Academic Program Recommendation form - Please submit in a sealed envelope with the rest of your application materials.
- Answers to the MAT essay questions found on the application form
- Current unofficial transcripts showing a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher. Please re-calculate across your last 90 quarter hours or last 60 semester hours, if that makes a difference.
- Photocopy of passing scores on a basic skills examination (CBEST or Praxis I)
- Photocopy of passing scores on NES Specialty Examination(s) (or Praxis II if taken prior to September 1, 2010)
- Photocopy of your WOU Graduate Application
Note: On-campus interviews with qualified applicants are part of the application process in both the full-time and online programs.