Skip to main content
Switch to text-only version
Get accessibility information and assistance

Graduate Programs

Graduate Forms
  1. Applications
  2. Program Plans
  3. Exit Requirements
  4. Policies
  5. Misc.

Misc. Forms

All forms require Adobe Reader ™ to save and create your digital signature.

  • Petitions
    • Graduate Student General Petition
      • This petition form should be used for any general issue that requires a petition. This form is not used for course changes. It is used for waivers. All petitions must be submitted directly to the Graduate Programs Office via Amber Deets. Dr. Linda Stonecipher will make decisions on program extensions from 5-7 years. All other petitions will be brought to the sub-committee when they meet the 3rd Tuesday of the month (fall-spring).
        • The English language requirement for international students is a policy that can NOT be petitioned.
    • Graduate Overload Petition
      • Students may petition to take more than the allowed amount of credits; however, the Director of Graduate Studies has to approve this overload petition.
    • Reservation of graduate level coursework petition
    • Academic or Licensure Petition Form
      • Petition to waive, substitute, or demonstrate competency for a course required in an education and/or licensure graduate program. When a change is requested for a requirement within an approved teacher license program the reason for the change must be clearly indicated. This is a requirement of the Oregon Teacher's Standards and Practices Commission (TSPC). As a general guideline, all graduate students in a teacher license program should use this form for all degree modifications and provide a rationale for the change requested.
    • Change of Program Request: Course Substitution Form
      • This form should only be used to make direct course substitutions for courses that are electives in a degree program.

  • Re-enrollment

  • Incomplete Coursework Contract
    • Requests to extend the time to clear a grade from one year to two years must be made to the Graduate Office. Graduate students should use the Incomplete Coursework Contract. Any request to change the official transcript must be made to the Registrar.
      • Students must file the following form in order to extend their incomplete beyond one year: Academic Petition

  • Graduate Assistantships

  • Misc.


Request Info

Apply Now

Sample Theses Examples

Follow Us:
Western Oregon University | 345 N. Monmouth Ave. | Monmouth OR 97361 | Graduate Programs | 503-838-8597 | | email: | Text only