- Endorsement: English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) and Bilingual ESOL
- College: College of Education
Applications are accepted year round.
WOU Graduate School Office – Applicants must submit the following:
- Complete WOU Application for Graduate Admission form . Submit this form to the Graduate Office, Administration Building room 202. Students must be admitted to the WOU Graduate School before being considered for admission to program. Submit all WOU Graduate School application materials to the Graduate Office at least 3-4 weeks prior to the term that you intend to start to allow for processing of paperwork and transcripts.
- Sealed official transcripts from the university that granted your bachelor's degree and from all other institutions of higher education where you completed coursework. A GPA of 3.0 in the last 90 quarter hours (60 semester hours) of undergraduate coursework is required. Those with less than a 3.0 GPA can be admitted with MAT or GRE scores (see below for requirement).
- Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score. If the applicant's GPA is 3.0 or higher, the test requirement is waived. If the GPA is less than 3.0, minimum required score for the (a) MAT: 395 or higher; (b) GRE: minimum quantitative score: 147 and minimum verbal score: 148 and a 3.5 or higher on the Analytical Writing section.
- $60 non refundable application fee
ESOL/Bilingual ESOL Admission Requirements
- Applicants must have been admitted to WOU.
- All students must meet in person with their ESOL advisor to complete and sign a program contract. Graduate students must file a copy of their contract with the WOU Graduate Programs Office.