In order to participate in course activities, all participants in Foundations of Traffic Safety Education and Fundamentals of Behind-the-Wheel Instruction are required to bring the following materials on the first day.
- A copy of a current valid driver license.
- A Court Certified Print abstract from the DMV
- According to OAR Division 15 Rules, Traffic Safety Instructors must have "(a) not more than one driver improvement violation within the preceding 12 months or more than two driver improvement violations in the preceding 24 months; (b) no alcohol or drug-related traffic violation, conviction or infraction within the preceding five years; or (c) no driver's license suspension, cancellation, revocation or denial within the preceding three years."
- A USB flash drive storage device, with at least 1 GB Memory, in order to access documents at home and in class. Flash drives can be purchased at most general merchandise stores, as well as electronics retailers.
- Participants must also have a vehicle available for personal use.