Designed for busy teacher, this specialty endorsement will enrich your classroom teaching and learning environment, and open additional job opportunities. Classes are taught by school librarians in local libraries. Teachers will learn skills to administer school libraries, to develop and organize library collections, and to help teachers to work in libraries in both elementary and secondary Oregon schools.
The 24 credit graduate endorsement requires completion of 18 credits of core courses, plus 6 credits of practicum at both elementary and secondary level.
WOU ONLINE (Moodle)
Library/ED Media Endorsement Program
Library/ED Media Course Descriptions
- CSE 611 Information Literacy
- CSE 612 Media Literacy
- LIB 670 Library Administration & Leadership
- LIB 671 Collection Development & Organization
- LIB 672 Learning & Teaching in the 21st Century Library
- LIB 673 Information Access & Delivery
- LIB 609 Practicum, elementary level
- LIB 609 Practicum, secondary level
All endorsement classes are graduate level and can apply toward a Master of Science in Education: Information Technology degree.
Next Steps: Apply to TSPC for Lib/ED Media Endorsement
Once you've completed the coursework and met all practicum requirements, WOU will recommend you to TSPC for the Lib/ED Media Endorsement.
- Decide when you will apply for your Lib/ED Media Endorsement. Plan ahead so you don't run short of time for the process to work. Check the TSPC Web page for the most current fees.
- Download two forms from the TSPC Web page (see below for links).
- Request an official WOU transcript.
- Complete and submit your C-1 form, your official WOU transcript request, and the application fee to TSPC.
- Fill out the top part of the C-2 form and mail it to Karen Johnson (see below).
Two TSPC forms and instructions:
1. The Application for Educator License Form C-1 is your application to TSPC for the Lib/ED Media Endorsement. You must include an official WOU transcript and application fee (check the TSPC Web site for the most current fee information).
Send all three items to:
Teacher Standards and Practices Commission
465 Commercial Street NE
Salem, OR 97301
2. The Program Completion Report, Form C-2, is your request to WOU to recommend to TSPC that you have met requirements for Lib/ED Media Endorsement. Fill out the top of the form and mail it to WOU just prior to applying to TSPC.
Send the C-2 form to:
Karen Johnson, Field Services
College of Education
Western Oregon University
345 Monmouth Ave. N.
Monmouth, OR 97361
Questions about this form? Contact Karen Johnson by e-mail or call 503-838-8235
Please contact TSPC for questions about licensure in general, the application process, or requirements for Lib/ED Media Endorsement. The License General Information page can be particularly helpful.
To discuss your individual situation or learn more about the Practicum or licensure questions, please contact Sue Thompson, Director of Field Services in the College of Education, 503-838-8828.
If you are interested in this program at Western Oregon University, please contact either:
Division of Extended Programs
(503) 838-8483 or 1-800-451-5767
Top | Return to DEP Homepage