Credit Overlay is a great opportunity for professional development. This affords teachers and professionals the opportunity to gain WOU credit for a class or seminar that they are already planning to attend. Not all participants in the class need sign up for academic credit.
|What we need to setup credit
If you want to submit a Credit Overlay proposal we need to have three things.
1. Completed Credit Overlay Proposal form
2. Syllabus for the workshop (if this is for a conference please include a schedule)
3. A current resume from the Instructor
Course Proposal Guideline
Guidelines for Development of a Syllabus
Guideline for Writing Learning Outcomes
- Instructors need a minimum of a master's degree plus expertise in the content area
- Credits are determined by instructional content; 10 hours of instruction = 1 cr.
- Cost to participants is $50 per credit
- Once approved a course may be offerred for seven terms before a new course approval is required.
If you need to offer a course you have already submiited and had approved here is a short form to request a repeat of the course..
Request to Repeat Course Form
For more information contact:
Credit Overlay Program Manager
503-838-8483 or 1-800-451-5767
Credit Overlay for Professional Development
and Training Sessions
- Does your school district, agency, or business offer professional development courses or training sessions?
- Would your employees benefit
from receiving university credit for those courses or training sessions?
- Registration forms and other materials are provided
- Any number of students can participate - no minimum or maximum is required
school, agency, or business is responsible
for the course or training, WOU
is able to offer credit overlay for
$50 per credit. either graduate or undergraduate. This is a substantial
to current tuition costs!
If you want to setup Grading Online
- Print and complete the Computer Access/User Information Request Form
- Please mail the completed form to: Division of Extended Programs, ATTN: Credit Overlay, Western Oregon University, 345 Monmouth Ave. N, Monmouth, OR 97338. (include any notorized copies)
- You will need to setup a WOU wolf
To login to WOU Online, you will need a WOU username and password. If you do not know your account information, you can look it up by following the steps below:
- Go to the Account Lookup page: http://www.wou.edu/accountlookup
- Click the "Change Password" link
- Enter the required information and follow the listed steps to setup your new password or to reset your old password.
- You will be given your V number, your official WOU email address, and your Pawprint/WOU network username. Save this information and keep it private.
You can login to WOU Online (Portal) here and then click on the WolfWeb (green button) icon
To find the WOU Portal whenever you go to WOU website it is at the top center of the webpages. on a red lock image.
If you are not able to set your password, then contact Computing Services at 503-838-8925 or stop by help desk in ITC 009.