MONMOUTH – Western Oregon University’s campus will be filled with students and faculty once again as the school year fast approaches. Residents will move in to the residence halls on Sunday, Sept. 21, kicking off New Student Week activities.
New faculty and Provost Kent Neely will be introduced on Monday, Sept. 22 at 10 a.m. in Rice Auditorium as part of an event featuring President John Minahan’s state of the university address.
The annual new student convocation will be held on Tuesday, Sept. 23 at 11 a.m. in the New Physical Education Gym. The program includes a welcome from President Minahan and guest speaker Will Keim, an author and educator.
Other highlights and photo ops of New Student Week include:
- Student move-in; Throughout the day until 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 21 at the residence halls
- Welcome, playfair and group “W” photo; 8:30 to 10:30 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 21 at the New P.E. gym
- The Dating Doctor is In!; 7 to 8:45 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 22 in the New P.E. Gym
- Signing of new student week walk; 12:30 to 2 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 23 at the Arbor Park sidewalk
- Welcome to Monmouth Celebration; 4 to 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 24 in the Monmouth Main Street Park
- New Student Week variety show and video; 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 28 in the WUC Pacific Room
The full schedule for New Student Week can be found on the Web at http://www.wou.edu/student/sla/Assets/2008%20New%20Student%20Week%20Program.pdf. For more information contact the Student Leadership and Activities Office at 503-838-8063.
# # #
Adam Slaton, leadership development coordinator
Student Leadership and Activities