Over the past several years, ASC has continued discussions on its charter and mission and made conscious efforts to publicize their purpose and goals to the campus community. We have continued to develop relationships on the WOU campus in the following ways:
- Maintaining a close working relationship with the President of Western Oregon University.
- Developing and participating in a Compensation Committee to address salary concerns of administrative professionals.
- Awarding scholarships each year for continuing WOU students. Two or three $1000 scholarships have been awarded each year.
- Holding Constituency Meetings including administrative, academic and student services each term. The President and the ASC constituency routinely convene to better understand the state of university finances, objectives, and decisions that concern unclassified professionals.
- Continuing the revision and updating of bylaws on a semiannual basis.
- Enhancing and maintaining the ASC website.
- Partnering with Staff Senate to provide information for unclassified staff.
- Working with Human Resources to provide employees and supervisors at WOU with employment information and procedures for unclassfied staff, to attend new employee orientations to disseminate information about ASC, and to help unclassfied employees stay informed through HR website updates.