Homecoming 2014 is scheduled!
Save the dates on your calendar for Friday and Saturday, October 24th and 25th, 2014.
This year's schedule is something to cheer about. We are offering many events and there is sure to be something for everyone. We welcome and encourage people from all classes to attend as many events as possible and get the most out of Homecoming weekend. We are thrilled to honor the class of 1964 as our "Golden Wolves" this year and look forward to a great weekend filled with memories and good times.
Alumni Association Homecoming Weekend Schedule
Schedule is tentative and is subject to change
*All activities are open for everyone unless otherwise specified
**Denotes pre-registration is required
- Time: 11:30-12:45pm
- Location: Mt. Jefferson Room at Valsetz Dining Center,
- Details and registration: What's a better way to start your Homecoming weekend off than with a welcome luncheon? Eat lunch in the same building you used as a student! President Weiss will make a few remarks on the future plans for WOU, including the new governance board and the presidential search. Cost is $12 per person, click here for more details and to register.
- Time: 1p.m. - 2:00p.m.
- Location: Various campus classrooms. A list of classes offered and their locations will be posted soon.
- Details and registration: Interested in hearing about what today's students are learning at WOU? Attend one of the classes offered during this time frame and sit with the students and watch them interact with their professors, their peers and perhaps even learn something new!
- Time: 2:00p.m. - 3:30p.m.
- Location: Meet at the Cottage and then people will move into groups to be paired with a leader
- Details: The WOU campus is ever changing as buildings are being added and remodeled. What a better way to see the newest updates than through a student lead tour with your fellow classmates and friends?
**There will be three social's/reception's occurring simultaneously between 3:30p.m. and 5:30p.m.The options are below:
- Time: 3:30p.m. - 5:30p.m.
- Location: Pacific Room lobby, located on the first floor of the Werner University Center
- *Details and Registration: Are you a Golden Wolf this year (class of 1964) or did you teach during the year of 1964 and want to reunite with some old classmates/students? This semi-private reception is for you! Click here for details and to register.
- Time: 3:30p.m. - 5:30p.m.
- Location: College of Education, more details coming soon
- Details: Are you a graduate and/or supporter of the College of Education? Join us for this social to celebrate the Dare To campaign. More details to come.
- Time: 3:30p.m. - 5:30p.m.
- Location: Crush Wine Bar and Tasting Room
- Details: Not part of the class of 1964 or the College of Education and looking for a place to meet up with some old buddies? Crush Wine Bar and Tasting Room is a full service bar and is a great place to head for happy hour. There will be a special Homecoming Happy Hour drink and food available for purchase.
- Time: 6:00p.m. - 8:00p.m.
- Location: The Pacific Room at Werner University Center
- Details and registration: This dinner is open to all classes. Have you ever wondered what it was like to be an OCE/WOSC/WOU student before and after your time here? This dinner will give guests the opportunity to hear all about other people's college experiences and to share their own memories from their time as a college student. Cost is $20. Dinner and drinks are included. For more details and to register, click here. Do you have a lot to share and would be willing to be a table captain? If you are, your meal is on us! Contact Emily at (503)838-8710 for more information.
- Time: 6:00p.m. - 9:00p.m.
- Location: University House, 386 Stadium Dr. S. Monmouth, OR 97361
- Details: Any student/alumni who is/was a mathematics or mathematics/computer science major/minor is invited to the University House for a potluck get together. Math professors/faculty will be providing a potluck meal and there will be non-alcoholic drinks available.
- RSVP: Dr. Scott Beaver at firstname.lastname@example.org or (503)838-8205
- Time: 9:00a.m. - 10:00a.m.
- Location: Pacific Room, located on the first floor of the Werner University Center
- Details and Registration: Start your day off right with a great buffet breakfast fit for the whole family. Get fueled up and ready for the game by attending this breakfast. Cost to attend is $8 per person. To register and for more information, click here.
- Time: 10:00a.m. - 11:00a.m.
- Location: The Wayne and Lynn Hamersly Library
- Details: Join other former classmates after breakfast for a tour of the library led by Lynn and Wayne Hamersly. Coffee will be available and this tour is another great opportunity for the class of 1964 to reunite before the game.
- Time: 10:00a.m. - 1:00p.m.
- Location: The Grove (weather pending)
- Details: This year we are proud to offer the "Family Fun Zone Tailgate" prior to kick off of the big game. This is a FREE event open to people of all ages. We will have a bouncy house obstacle course available for kids and parents to play on as well as face painting, photos with Wolfie and more. There will be food and beverages for purchase available. Limited seating will be available as well.
- Kickoff is at 1:00p.m.
- Purchase your tickets by clicking here.
- Class of 1964: Please call Emily at (503)838-8710 to purchase your tickets and reserve your spot in a special reserved section of the stadium for this game. Reserved seats for the Golden Wolves are under cover and will have seat backs. **A limited number of reserved tickets will be sold so please call by October 20th to claim your seats. Tickets will be available at will call on the morning of October 25th.