To place a name in consideration fill out the form below and sumbit your nominee online.
The Western Oregon University Alumni Award of Excellence is awarded each year to an alumnus (living or deceased) for their contributions and services to the university and community as well as for their distinguished work in their profession.
This award does more than honor these former students. It spotlights the accomplishments of Western and thereby increases the pride we all feel in our university.
Any alumnus, faculty or staff member may place a name in nomination. Nominations received from alumni shall receive priority consideration for the award over nominations from non-alumni nominations. No anonymous nominations will be accepted. All nominations are kept confidential. Nominees that are not selected, their nominator will be sent a letter informing them of the decision and encourage them to resubmit their nominee for the following year. Nominations are good for only one year, and will need to be resubmitted. The deadline for nominations is March 21, 2014.
- A student who was enrolled at ONS/OCE/WOSC/WOU (graduate or undergraduate) for a minimum of forty-five credit hours.
- An individual who, in deeds and actions, demonstrates(d) pride in the alma mater and whose interest in and loyalty to Western is evident.
- A person of such integrity, stature, and demonstrated ability, that the faculty, staff, students and alumni will take pride in and be inspired by his/her recognition.
- Made significant contributions to society, the community, and Western Oregon either in service or financial contributions.
- Past accomplishments and career have brought credit to the university.
*Those ineligible for nomination include: A candidate for any public office; a current employee of WOU; or any alumni board member who is not yet three years removed from their term on the board.*