Division: Business Affairs
Classification: FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION
Contact Phone Number: 503-838-8201
Contact Email Address: BusinessOffice@wou.edu
|Penalties for Offenses|
|RESPONSIBLE OFFICER||UNIVERSITY CONTACT|
|Vice President for Finance and Administration||The Business Office|
|Faculty, Staff and Students|
|FULL STATEMENT OF AUTHORITY|
(1) All fines are subject to annual change based on enforcement expenses. (Refer to OAR 574-050-0005 for amounts.):
(a) "No permit" -- No valid permit visible in or on vehicle (7 a.m.-5 p.m.);
(b) "No permit" -- No valid permit visible in or on vehicle (5 p.m.-7 a.m.);
(c) "Loading/Reserved Space/15/30 minute zones";
(d) "Fire Lanes and Driveways" -- parked in marked or posted area;
(e) "Misuse or altered permit" -- altered, counterfeited, defaced, transferred to different vehicle, false vehicle information provided, misused;
(f) "Expired Meter";
(g) "Parking on grass/sidewalks";
(h) "Failure to comply with street/lot signs" including traffic signs on institution property;
(i) "Not a designated stall";
(j) "Wrong lot" -- parked in other than designated lot;
(k) "Permit not properly displayed/affixed to vehicle";
(l) "Vehicle Impoundment/Boot";
(m) "Disabled Space" -- Parking in a space designated for persons with disabilities (ORS 811.615(5));
(n) "Blocking Disabled Space/Area";
(o) "Other" -- including but not limited to parking in reserved spaces, or taking two spaces.
(2) Failure to pay fines within 10 working days will result in a service charge.
(3) Vehicles receiving five or more citations may have their parking privileges revoked.
(4) Improper driving including, but not limited to, such offenses as: reckless driving, driving while intoxicated, speeding, driving the wrong way on a one way street, failing to stop at stop signs, driving on grass or landscaped areas, excessive noise, other offenses not specified herein which are violations of the motor vehicle laws and ordinances of the State of Oregon or the City of Monmouth. Violators are subject to prosecution in the appropriate state or municipal court or through the Student Conduct Court or Student Judicial Board.
(5) Persons with vehicles receiving a citation in a metered zone are subject to additional citations being issued when it is documented that the vehicle has not been moved in more than two hours.
(6) Persons with vehicles that have received a citation, and have not taken steps to correct the violation, are subject to additional citations.
(7) Vehicles that are in violation and have received a citation may not be issued an additional citation unless the driver of the vehicle is made aware of said violation.
|REFERENCED OR RELATED POLICIES|
|RELEVANT DOCUMENTS AND LINKS|
LAST UPDATED: 08/11/2016
HISTORICAL DETAIL NOTES:
Stat. Auth.: ORS 351 & 352
Stats. Implemented: ORS 351.070 & 351.072
Hist.: WOSC 1-1992, f. & cert. ef. 4-16-92; WOSC 1-1994, f. & cert. ef. 8-12-94; WOU 2-1998, f. & cert. ef. 7-24-98; WOU 2-1999, f. & cert. ef. 7-27-99; WOU 3-2002, f. 10-7-02, cert. ef. 10-15-02; WOU 3-2003, f. & cert. ef. 10-28-03; WOU 3-2007, f. & cert. ef. 9-5-07
SOURCE: Previously Referred to as: WOU OAR 574-085-0100
|FOR POLICY WEBSITE INPUT (public audience keyword search)|
|fines, enforcement, violation, parking permit|