Division: Business Affairs
Classification: FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION
Contact Phone Number: 503-838-8201
Contact Email Address: BusinessOffice@wou.edu
|Parking Review Committee|
|RESPONSIBLE OFFICER||UNIVERSITY CONTACT|
|Vice President for Finance and Administration||The Business Office|
|Faculty, Staff and Students|
|FULL STATEMENT OF AUTHORITY|
(1) The Parking Review Committee (PRC) shall act in an advisory capacity and is coordinated by the Parking Services Coordinator or designee. The purpose of the committee is as follows:
(a) Provide recommendations to create or modify traffic policies and procedures on campus;
(b) Act as a quasi-judicial hearing body to arbitrate matters concerning enforcement, parking citations and traffic violations issued by Western officers;
(c) Provide recommendations to Parking Services that will enhance the ability of the office to meet campus needs and plan annual goals and objectives;
(d) Help facilitate system changes among the constituents on campus. Assist in making recommendations and changes in campus rules as they apply to parking lots, safety and system improvements.
(2) Parking Services policies related to personnel, organization, structure and fiscal decisions are not subject to Parking Committee Review and are the responsibility of the Director of Business Services and/or the President.
(3) During the academic school year, meetings shall be scheduled monthly and include written meeting minutes of all committee review recommendations and decisions. Generally an employee of Parking Services shall be present to act as staff to the committee.
(4) The Parking Review Committee will include members from the faculty, student body and full time classified staff. All members will be subject to final confirmation by the President or the President's designee.
(5) Each member of the Parking Review Committee will be appointed for a period of two years. Terms of office will be staggered to provide continuity.
(6) The Parking Services Coordinator or designee, being responsible for the enforcement of these regulations, will be an ex-officio (non-voting) member of the PRC, serving as an advisor concerning parking problems on the campus.
|REFERENCED OR RELATED POLICIES|
|RELEVANT DOCUMENTS AND LINKS|
LAST UPDATED: 08/11/2016
HISTORICAL DETAIL NOTES:
Stat. Auth.: ORS 351.070 & 352.072
Stats. Implemented: ORS 351.070, 351.072 & 352.360
Hist.: WOSC 1-1992, f. & cert. ef. 4-16-92; WOSC 1-1994, f. & cert. ef. 8-12-94; WOU 2-1998, f. & cert. ef. 7-24-98; WOU 2-1999, f. & cert. ef. 7-27-99; WOU 2-2001, f. & cert. ef. 7-30-01; WOU 3-2002, f. 10-7-02, cert. ef. 10-15-02; WOU 3-2003, f. & cert. ef. 10-28-03; WOU 3-2007, f. & cert. ef. 9-5-07
SOURCE: Previously Referred to as: WOU OAR 574-085-0090
|FOR POLICY WEBSITE INPUT (public audience keyword search)|
|Parking Review Committee, PRC|