Division: Business Affairs
Classification: FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION
Contact Phone Number: 503-838-8201
Contact Email Address: BusinessOffice@wou.edu
|RESPONSIBLE OFFICER||UNIVERSITY CONTACT|
|Vice President for Finance and Administration||The Business Office|
It is the goal of Western Oregon University to establish a reasonable and fair rule and procedure for the return of textbooks, and to prevent students from using a textbook and then trying to return it for a full refund.
Vice President for Finance and Administration
|FULL STATEMENT OF AUTHORITY|
The Bookstore has established a policy concerning the return of textbooks to the Bookstore for credit or refund.
1. Original receipts are required for refunds.
2. Refunds will be issued back to the original form of payment. Debit or credit cards must be presented to issue refund. Debit card refunds are credited to the card.
3. Presentation of ID may be required.
4. Returns must be for items purchased at the Bookstore.
5. Defective new textbooks may be exchanged; used textbooks are sold as-are.
6. Returns must be in original and resalable condition.
7. Full refunds will be available up to the end of the first week of classes, (end of second day of summer classes).
8. All sales beginning the third week of classes, (beginning the third day of summer classes) are considered final.
9. Rentals follow the same refund schedule as purchases.
10. eBooks and online course materials are non-returnable.
|REFERENCED OR RELATED POLICIES|
|RELEVANT DOCUMENTS AND LINKS|
EFFECTIVE DATE: 07/01/1996
LAST UPDATED: 08/11/2016
HISTORICAL DETAIL NOTES:
SOURCE: Previously Referred to as: FA-BS-002
|FOR POLICY WEBSITE INPUT (public audience keyword search)|
|book return, bookstore credit, refunds|