Division: Business Affairs
Office: FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION
Contact Phone Number: 503-838-8201
Contact Email Address: BusinessOffice@wou.edu
|RESPONSIBLE OFFICER||UNIVERSITY CONTACT|
|Vice President for Finance and Administration||The Business Office|
It is the goal of Western Oregon University to establish a reasonable and fair rule and procedure for the return of merchandise to the WOU Bookstore.
|Anyone purchasing merchandise from the bookstore.|
Vice President for Finance and Administration
|FULL STATEMENT OF AUTHORITY|
The Bookstore has established a policy concerning the return of merchandise to the Bookstore for credit or refund.
1. Original receipts are required for refunds.
2. Refunds will be issued back to the original form of payment. Debit or credit cards must be present to issue refund. Debit card refunds are credited to the card.
3. Presentation of ID may be required.
4. Returns must be for items purchased at the Bookstore.
5. Defective merchandise may be exchanged or refunded.
6. All sales of clearance-priced merchandise are final.
7. Returns must be in original and resalable condition.
8. Returns must be made within 30 days of purchase (please note that the timeline differs for textbooks).
9. Software and electronic merchandise are non-returnable.
10. Special orders are non-returnable.
11. Art paper and board are non-returnable.
12. Food and personal hygiene merchandise are non-returnable.
|REFERENCED OR RELATED POLICIES|
|RELEVANT DOCUMENTS AND LINKS|
LAST UPDATED: 05/02/2006
HISTORICAL DETAIL NOTES:
SOURCE: Previously Referred to as: FA-BS-001
|FOR POLICY WEBSITE INPUT (public audience keyword search)|
|purchasing merchandise, bookstore returns|