- Effective Learning
- Supports Diversity
- Sustainable Institution
- Objective: WOU students acquire, analyze, and apply knowledge in a global society
- Objective: WOU students participate in high impact learning experiences.
- Objective: WOU students are highly satisfied with their learning experiences.
- Objective: WOU is an institution that is accessible to a diversity of student populations across the campus community.
- Objective: WOU is an institution that is accessible to minorities across the campus community.
- Objective: WOU successfully partners with diverse communities outside of campus.
- Objective: WOU uses educational practices that continuously improve educational sustainability and are in the best interests of serving the community.
- Objective: WOU uses business practices that continuously improve financial sustainability and are in the best Interests of serving the community.
- Objective: WOU uses practices that continuously improve its operational sustainability and Are in the Best interests of serving the community.
Western Oregon University offers exemplary undergraduate and graduate programs in a supportive and rigorous learning environment. Oregon’s oldest public university, WOU works to ensure the success of students and the advancement of knowledge as a service to Oregon and the region. The University works in partnership with PK-12 schools, community colleges and other institutions of higher education, government, and local and global communities.
Western Oregon University is a comprehensive public university, operating for the public good, which:
- Provides effective learning opportunities that prepare students for a fulfilling life in a global society;
- Supports an accessible and diverse campus community; and,
- Improves continuously our educational, financial, and environmental sustainability.