CURRENT Core Themes
- Effective Learning
- Supports Diversity
- Sustainable Institution
- Objective: WOU students acquire, analyze, and apply knowledge in a global society
- Objective: WOU students participate in high impact learning experiences.
- Objective: WOU students are highly satisfied with their learning experiences.
- Objective: WOU is an institution that is accessible to a diversity of student populations across the campus community.
- Objective: WOU is an institution that is accessible to minorities across the campus community.
- Objective: WOU successfully partners with diverse communities outside of campus.
- Objective: WOU uses educational practices that continuously improve educational sustainability and are in the best interests of serving the community.
- Objective: WOU uses business practices that continuously improve financial sustainability and are in the best Interests of serving the community.
- Objective: WOU uses practices that continuously improve its operational sustainability and Are in the Best interests of serving the community.
CURRENT WOU Preamble
Western Oregon University offers exemplary undergraduate and graduate programs in a supportive and rigorous learning environment. Oregon’s oldest public university, WOU works to ensure the success of students and the advancement of knowledge as a service to Oregon and the region. The University works in partnership with PK-12 schools, community colleges and other institutions of higher education, government, and local and global communities.
CURRENT WOU Mission
Western Oregon University is a comprehensive public university, operating for the public good, which:
- Provides effective learning opportunities that prepare students for a fulfilling life in a global society;
- Supports an accessible and diverse campus community; and,
- Improves continuously our educational, financial, and environmental sustainability.