Graduate Recording Guidelines
Students will produce a Master Recording (MR) that represents the work they have done during their graduate studies at WOU.
Students will identify a Graduate Recording Committee (GRC) comprised of
- The Audio Production Director (APD)
- The student’s MUP instructor
- One music faculty member of the student’s choice
The scope of the MR — its length and complexity — is at the discretion of the GRC.
Students submit a proposal to the GRC for approval as part of their advancement to candidacy. Subsequent changes to the proposal must be approved by the GRC.
The finished MR will be submitted to the GRC 30 days before expected graduation. The submission will include the following:
- The MR in the form of digital music files (wav or aiff) or as a CD
- Liner notes detailing all relevant production credits: performers, composers, arrangers, engineers, locations, recording & mixing dates, copyright & publishing information, etc
- A copy of the original proposal
- A brief written statement outlining the student’s role as the producer
Graduate students are allotted time in WOU’s recording studio and may contact the APD to schedule studio time.