Graduate Concert Guidelines
Students will perform a master’s concert that represents the work they have done during their graduate studies at WOU.
Students will identify a Graduate Concert Committee (GCC) comprised of three members of the music faculty, including:
- The student’s MUP instructor
- Two music faculty members of the student’s choice
- At least one tenured/tenure-track music faculty member
The scope of the concert — its length and complexity — is at the discretion of the GCC.
Three weeks before the planned concert, the student will present it to the GCC.
- All performers must be present at the jury. A video may be substituted upon prior approval by the GCC.
- All aspects of the performance — musical, theatrical, & technical — must be available for review by the GCC.
- Complete program notes — minimum of 600 words — will be presented to the GCC at this time.
The performance presented must be the one approved by the GCC.
Concerts must be presented in Smith Recital Hall or at a venue approved by the GCC.