Organic Laboratory Resources
The icons on this page indicate the types of materials you will encounter by following the various links. See an explanation of these icons here.
Writing The Laboratory Notebook
Suggestions For Keeping A Laboratory Notebook
- Finding Chemical Information
- This site gives links for finding chemical information.
- Hazards of Chemicals
- This site discusses the topic of hazardous chemicals.
- Material Safety Data Sheets.
- This site describes what information can be obtained from an MSDS and provides links to obtaining them.
- , Hazardous Material Classification Labels
- These sites demystify the chemical hazard labels found on laboratory reagent bottles.
- Fire Safety
- This site describes the different classes of fires and appropriate means of extinguishing them.
- An On-line version of the Aldrich Chemical Catalog which provides physical data for thousands of organic compounds.
- Including physical property data and chemical structures for 1000+ common compounds.
- This periodic table on the World-Wide Web can provide you with almost any data about an element you might want to know.
- ChemSketch Freeware
- Download a program which allows you to draw structures and equations which can be printed or merged into word processing documents.
You will need this for your formal report and presentations second and third term.
Direct suggestions, comments, and questions about
this page to Arlene Courtney, email@example.com.
Last Modified September 27, 2000
Western Oregon University
Copyright © 1997 Western Oregon University