Dr. Dennis Eddings, emeritus Professor of English at Western Oregon University, has contributed
funds to support undergraduates in Literature, Writing, and Language Arts at WOU. Students who will
be sophomores or higher are eligible. In the 2011-12 school year, four (4) $1000 scholarships were
available. The funds are distributed in three payments for Fall, Winter, and Spring terms, contingent on
full-time enrollment status as an English or Language Arts major at WOU.
To be eligible for these awards, students must:
- Be a prospective or current full-time student at Western Oregon University
- Have an earned grade point average (GPA) in the major of 3.5 or higher
- Have academic standing of sophomore or higher
- Have a declared major in Literature, Writing, or Language Arts
- Have a current, valid FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and WOU General Scholarship application on file with the WOU Financial Aid office
- Submit applications to Dr. Curtis Yehnert (HSS 315; Humanities Division, Western Oregon University, 345 N. Monmouth Ave., Monmouth, OR 97361) by 5 pm on Friday, April 15th, 2012.