Home » Employee Relations
Western Oregon University aspires to remain a great University, and our success depends on you. It depends on people who innovate and are committed to improving our outcomes responsibly, people who dedicate themselves to satisfying customers, helping partners, and improving the communities in which we do business; people who are accountable for achieving big, bold goals with unwavering integrity, people who are leaders, who appreciate that to be truly great, we must continually strive to do better ourselves and help others improve.
We must expect the best from ourselves because of whom we are as a University, and as individuals, it is as important as our ability to deliver the best educational outcomes. How we manage our business internally—and how we think about and work with customers, partners, governments, vendors and communities—impact our productivity and success. It’s not enough to just do the right things; we have to do them the right way. All WOU employees are entrusted with public assets and with that comes a responsibility to be prudent stewards and to safeguard, preserve and protect these funds and this trust. We take these responsibilities seriously.
In order to support these values, it is important that all WOU employees read Fostering an Ethical and Secure Workplace from Mark Weiss and understand the key laws, rules and policies that are intended to help ensure that we meet these core goals.
► All Employees
► Classified Employees
- Classification Information
- Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Classified Employee Handbook – July 2014
► Unclassified Staff
- Unclassified/Professional Employee Handbook – December 2012
- Administrators or Unclassified Administrative Staff
- Conditions of Employment, Unclassified Twelve-Month Appointments
- Conditions of Employment, Unclassified, Academic (9-Month) Appointments
- Conditions of Employment, Unclassified Gift, Grant or Contract
- Oregon Administrative Rules (OARs)
- Grievance Procedures for Unclassified Professional Staff
- Performance Management Resources
► Student Employee
► Arriving Employee