SPRING BREAK 2019:
The Residence Halls will close at 5:00 pm, Friday, March 22, 2019
Valsetz Dining Hall will close at 4:00 pm, Friday, March 22, 2019
The Residential Complex will open at Noon, Sunday, March 31 2019, for Spring Term
All rooms not occupied, lounges, and laundry rooms will be secured until Noon on Sunday, March 31, 2019 when the halls re-open for Spring Term.
REMEMBER: THE CANCELLATION DEADLINE FOR HOUSING RENEWAL IS 5 PM, WEDNESDAY, MAY 1!
- Valsetz Dining Hall closes at 4:00 pm, Friday, March 22, 2019.
- Meal Plan changes must be made in writing PRIOR to Noon, Thursday, March 21, 2019. You should check your meal plan balances now and if you either have a large balance – or have added money to your account throughout the term, EMAIL DINING WITH A REQUEST TO CHANGE YOUR MEAL PLAN BEFORE YOU LEAVE FOR THE BREAK. (If you decide to change your meal plan during the break, the DEADLINE for meal plan change requests is Noon, March 28th.)
- NO Food Service in Valsetz until 4:00 pm, Sunday, March 31, 2019
- Caffe Allegro and it’s “C” Store (located in the Werner University Center) will be open 8:30 am – to 1:00 pm during the break.
THE RSC WILL BE OPEN DURING THE BREAK!
- The Residential Service Center WILL BE OPEN during the break from 2-4 pm, March 25 through 29. The RSC will be CLOSED on Saturday, March 30th.
- Mail service will be available during open RSC hours.
- The RSC will open at Noon on March 31st, and resume regular business hours for Spring Term starting Monday, April 1st.
STAYING ON CAMPUS DURING THE BREAK
- Students may stay in their rooms during Spring Break, but they must “sign up” (see below) to stay for all or any part of the break, or if you plan to leave late for the break or return early.
Students wishing to stay during the break must sign up to do so on the WOU Portal before 4:30 pm on Wednesday, March 20, 2019.
- With the exception of Arbor Park residents, there is a charge of $100 to stay for all or any part of the break.
NO MATTER WHERE YOU LIVE, YOU MUST SIGN UP TO STAY FOR ANY OR ALL OF THE BREAK on the WOU Portal prior to 4:30 pm on Wednesday, March 20th.
Once on your Housing Overview page, click on Spring Break under “Apps and Forms” and complete the Spring Break form. Remember to pay particular
attention to your reasons for wanting to stay on campus during any part of this break (including leaving late for the break or arriving back on campus early before the break ends).
Remember to take any items that you might need with you when you leave for the break. It will cost you $35 to access your room to retrieve any forgotten items.
Staff is NOT on hand to let you into your room during the break.
- Once the halls are closed you will not be able to get into your room until opening day of spring term
(Noon, Sunday, March 31st), without notifying the Housing Office to make arrangements (and pay the Break Access Fee of $35.00).
OFFICE HOURS DURING THE BREAK
- Office hours during the break are as follows:
- 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday
- Room Changes are completed for this term. You may request a room change if needed after the 2nd week of Spring Term. You must have a Roommate Agreement on file.
Start with your RA. A Room Change Form must be completed and authorized BEFORE you begin your move.
CHECKING OUT OF THE HALLS
- Students checking out of the Residence Halls: If you find during the break that you will not be returning to live on campus, you must check out of your residence hall room properly.
Start by contacting the University Housing Office.
- You M-U-S-T complete your move out by 4:00 pm on Thursday, March 28, 2019.
Please note: the residential student M-U-S-T be present to complete the check out/ move out process.
- Students moving out ON or AFTER MARCH 31, 2019 – will be charged for a minimum of the first 10 days of Spring Term.
STUDENTS WITH VACANCIES IN THEIR ROOMS
- If you have a vacancy in your room and you have not made a request to shut your room down and pay the higher single rate (Deadline: 4:30 pm, WED, MAR 20th), you should anticipate a new roommate(s) for Spring term.
- To avoid paying the higher rate you MUST leave your room ready to be occupied by a new WOU student upon their arrival on campus Spring Term.
- READY means: There is NOTHING on any of the following: bed (unbunked), desk, drawers, wardrobe/closet, bookshelf, chair.
Floor space is clean and free of any items. No furniture can be combined in any way. Common area space must be clean. There should be NO trash anywhere.
- Your room will be checked and digital photos taken for documentation during Spring Break for readiness. If it is determined that your room is NOT ready for a new roommate,
you WILL be charged the higher rate, and could face disciplinary action.
- Digital photos will be taken to document the readiness status of these rooms.
- If you want to request a single or limited occupancy room for spring term, (Single/limited occupancy rooms are available based upon availability and billed at a higher rate.) you must make that request IN WRITING to the Housing Office by 4:30 pm, Wednesday, March 20th.
SPRING BREAK RESOURCES
- Spring Break Emergency Contact Information