Gluten-Free-Friendly at Valsetz
EATING GLUTEN-FREE-FRIENDLY at VALSETZ
Gluten-Free-Friendly – what does it mean? Any items with the means that either the item is inherently, a gluten-free food, or can be altered to be gluten-free – however, please be aware: While every effort is made to keep your food gluten-free, our facility is not set up as an entirely gluten-free facility and we cannot guarantee that your food has not come in contact with gluten within the kitchen/prep area.
If you have a gluten sensitivity, Valsetz Dining Hall will have the most varied selections for you. Start by looking for the Gluten Free Friendly / Vegan Station. Tucked in the corner next to The Deli, this section will always have a Gluten Free Friendly meal for you – no special ordering or requests needed. Currently the Vegan Station is featuring ACAI BOWLS. They are nutrition-dense and DELICIOUS – try one!
As you enter Valsetz, just beyond the cashier station at the front door is The Carbo Center – start your quest here.
- You will find packaged snack and frozen items here and we always stock GFF items.
- FOR BREAKFAST or a snack anytime, GFF bread and a separate toaster are available for toast throughout the day.
- The Waffle Bar always has a separate waffle iron and GFF batter for you to prepare a GFF Waffle to your taste at any time during the day.
- Check the Soup lables for the GFF symbol to find a hot and hearty cup or bowl to add to a salad or sandwich (with GFF bread!) to round out your lunch or dinner.
- You can request both GFF Pasta as well as GFF Pizza crust at the PIzza/Pasta station
- Finally, look for GFF labels at the Bakery for a little something to satisfy your sweet tooth!
Beyond this the other concepts in Valsetz will always have Gluten Free Friendly options for you, but for some items you may have to make a request to substitute a GFF item for an item that would normally contain gluten – ie: breads, cereals and pastas. Just Ask – our staff is always ready and willing to work with you to make your meal not only delicious – but GOOD for you!
- THE GRILL
- SALAD BAR
- STIR-FRY, CURRY AND PHO at the WOK STATION
Selections here vary and include items like Nacho or Burrito Bars and Wraps depending upon whether you are eating lunch or dinner. Think about the following:
- Tortilla chips served here are GFF – so substitute them in place of tortillas and either request a bowl or have staff prepare your dish as nachos
- Refried Beans are also GFF
- Meats are GFF
- Hash Browned Potatoes (included in some breakfast burritos) are GFF, but will be grilled on a grill that also grills items that contain gluten
For the most part items here are naturally GFF – the exceptions are obvious such as biscuits, pancakes, etc. But you can request substitutions for some items. Ask.
- Grilled breakfast meats are GFF
- Grilled Hamburger Pattys and Chicken Breasts – both GFF. You can request a GFF Bun for your hamburger. Ask.
- Grilled Beyond and Hemp Burgers are both GFF
- Eggs – Naturally GFF. Hardboiled. Scrambled or Omelets – may be subject to cross contact on the grill. If you are concerned, just ask for your eggs to be prepared for you in the kitchen.
- Hotdogs (when available) are GFF
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Cottage Cheese
- Fresh Fruit & Vegetables
For Dressings choose
- Olive Oil and Vinegar
- Honey Mustard
- Chipotle Ranch
- Ginger Sesame
- Italian or Ceasar
Substitute Sunflower Seeds for croutons and you have just created a delicious GFF meal at the Salad Bar!
This area is another virtualy GFF area within Valsetz. Create your Stir-Fry with the following:
- Choose Chicken or Tofu or any other meat that may have been grilled fresh on the Rotisserie that day
- Select your chosen variety of Vegetables
- Enjoy your Stir-Fry with Rice
- Remember to choose GFF Soy and Teriyaki sauces to keep your meal GFF
Selections here vary and may include a GFF version of some of your favorites or some dishes are just naturally GFF – Following is a sampling of what you might find here:
- GFF Macaroni and Cheese or GFF Pasta with Marinara or GFF Alfredo Sauce
- Salmon Caesar Salad – Hold the croutons!
- Herbed Chicken Breast
- GFF Lasagne
- Sushi Station – Naturally GFF, you can also find Vegan Sushi – Available weekdays
Meats and Cheeses are naturally GFF, as are most condiments to add to your sandwich.
- Request GFF Bread – we have it!
- The Tuna, Egg and Chicken Salad spreads are all GFF