List of Past Honors Graduates and Thesis Titles
Past theses have ranged across numerous subjects in the humanities, sciences, and education. Some students have written creative works in fiction, dance, or drama. Others have conducted chemical, animal, or human-subject-based research.
- Cierra Henderson – Effects of the Asperger Label
- Sofia LeVernois – Tax Implications of Recreational Marijuana in the United States
- Alyssa Adams – Quantification of Aspartame in Diet Sodas
- Kaylee Church – Spiraling Insects
- Vanna Dejeu – Thematic Tension between Trauma and Triumph in Hideaki Anno’s Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Leah Fechter – Altruism and Well-Being
- Anna Olivia Funk – William Holman Hunt and the Pre-Raphaelites: Artistic Aims, Worldview, and Influence on Nineteenth-Century Culture
- Sarah Celia Funk – God of Hades: A Play in Two Acts
- Molly Geranio – Location of Pheromone Production and/or Expression in Red-sided Garter Snakes (Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis)
- John Goldsmith – The Evolution of Queer Representation in the Young Adult Genre
- Shantell Guyton – The Birthing Effect
- Max Hebing – Perceived Task Difficulty and Procrastination in College Students
- Jennifer Hight – The Nuremberg Laws: The Road to the T-4 Program
- Isaac Keister – Technology and Strategy: The War in Vietnam
- Joshua Leisner – Familiarization
- Rozina Lethe – Carrying Capacity – A Modeling Approach
- Tyler McAfee – Commuting Pairs in Finite Non-Abelian Groups and Associated Probabilities
- Emily Parker – Delaying Dementia Through Mental Stimulation: A Service Learning Project
- Jared Petersen – MEAN Web Application Development with Agile Kanban
- Sarah Pettigrew – Discrimination and Hate Crime against the Trans* Community
- Courtney Richardson – Female Director Takes Hollywood by Storm: Is She a Beauty or a Visionary
- Robin Roemer – Knitting in 21st Century America: The Culture and Ideology of Knitting Groups in Rural Oregon
- Anny Hope Sheie – Research Based Best Practices for Teaching Mathematics and Improving Math Attitudes
- Braden Shribbs – The Changing Landscape of Hollywood: From the USA to China
- Katarina Smith – Trend Analysis of Depression and Anxiety in College Students
- Nathan Tew – People of WOU: A study of the perception of diversity at Western Oregon University
- Ruby Tidwell – Caught in the Web: The Importance of Ethical Computing Illustrated via an Exploration of the Online Recruitment of Women and Girls into Sex Trafficking
- Stephanie Torrez – Antibiotics: A Vital Aspect of Medicine Turned Public Health Concern
- Natalie Wallace – Innate Magnetic Directional Preference in Drosophila melanogaster
- Emily Walley – Legendary: Was King Arthur a Living Hero or a Popular Legend?
- David Avery – Recognition Algorithms for 2-Tree Probe Interval Graphs
- Mackenzie Brendle – Gender Representation of Catwoman in Live Action Films
- Camarie Campfield – Portfolio Optimization: A Modeling Perspective
- Keelie Daquilanto – Imposter Syndrome Among Pre-Service TESOL Teachers
- Kathryn Koppel – Online Education for K-12, the Growing Job Market: Are Education Majors Ready?
- Aubrey Fear – The Effects of Color Preference on Word List Recall
- J.J. Garcia – 2A Delivery
- McKenzie Johnston – Social Anxiety and Fandoms: Does Socials Support Make a Difference?
- Tristan Knope-Jenkins – Painting in Data
- Meghan Link – Increasing Adequate Social Interactions Among People WIth and Without Disabilities
- Olevia McKay – Grammatical Madness: A Step Away from Formal Instruction
- Amanda McMasters – Effective Strategies for Preventing Recidivism Among Juveniles
- Reina Morgan – The Effects of Peppermint and Orange Aromas on Mood and Task Performance
- Carlee Nelson – CHOSEN: Reaching Across the Continent in Faith
- Mary K. Rice – Teaching Children to Learn, Not to Test
- Eli Zachary: Selection of a Directional Preference in Drosophila melanogaster
- Zander Albertson – Effects of Dams and Irrigation on the Deschutes River, Oregon
- Sheridan Bailey – Bridging Generation Y: A Commentary on the Financial Development of Young Adults in the New Millennium
- Katy Barlean – Mara Salvatrucha (MS-13): The Imminent Threat Inside Our Borders
- Carolee Buck – Medical Botany in the Treatment of HIV and AIDS
- Hayley Dickinson – Tobacco Use on College Campuses: Should Smoking be Banned?
- Stephanie Eaton – Common Core Math: A Guide
- Kayli Fisher – Understanding Heroin Addiction from the Life Course Perspective
- Jose Garcia – Why College?: Making the Decision
- Kelsey Gray – Study Abroad Reentry: Emotional Aspects
- Bethany Haight – The Impact of World War I on American Women’s Fashion
- Chloe Hansen – Theatrical Interpreting: An Explanation of the Process
- Jillian Johnson – Playing with Permutations: Examining Mathematics in Children’s Toys
- Zachary Jones – There is No Law Here: Vigilantism, Militarism and Metropolitanism in Coos County, Oregon 1912-1913
- Annelise Marshall – Perón: the Ascent and Decline to Power
- Alyssa Palmer – Cancer Research: A Quest for a Cure
- Olivia Reed – Bullfighting: At What Cost Should Culture Be Preserved?
- Trevor Ross – Queer (In)equality: An In-depth Look at Discrimination towards the LGBTQ Community
- Daniel Tew – Pedagogy of Teaching History: Comparing the Chronologic and Thematic Approaches
- Marissa Thompson – Julius: A Study of Hitchcockian Film
- Bonnie Wells – More Than Human: A Critical Evaluation of the Intersection of Character and Theme in Mike Mignola’s Hellboy
- Macy Bothman – Bilingual Physical Education
- Rosie Brown – Dropping the Lowest Score: A Mathematical Analysis of a Common Grading Practice
- Allason Fewx – The Arrow of Defiance
- Merry Fuller – Writing a Novel: The Process and its Implications in Teaching
- Tayleranne Gillespie – Celebrating a Centennial: The Design, Implementation and Evaluation of a Multi-Media Public Interest Campaign
- Krista Harrington – Possible but Ethical? A bioethical investigation into medical manipulation, emerging technology and ethics
- Angela Haslam – Literacy Support for Children with Autism
- Bailey Hough – Highly Mobile Students in the Elementary Classroom
- Amy Keithley – Experiential Education: Teaching Elementary Mathematics with a Deweyan Framework
- Kristin Mahoney – Acculturation versus Assimilation: A Comparative Analysis of Standard Written English and ASL
- Jenae Nelson – The Elementary School Classroom: Implementing Multiple Learning Styles
- Emmy Olsen – An English Handbook for the Spanish Classroom: English to Spanish Grammar Clarification for Learners of Spanish
- Jerielle Raibley – The Potential Conflict between Forensic Ethnic Identification and Societal Interpretation in America
- Heidi Ramp – Pick Me, Pick Me: The Theory and Construction Behind the Conference Proposal
- Lisa Rogers – Second Language Acquisition: An exploration of Effective Pedagogies
- Trevor Roush – Pay for Performance on Quality of Healthcare: Justified Transition or Policy Fad?
- Alyssa Schmidt – Answering the Question Why: The Theoretical Foundations to Instructional Choices in a Middle School Mathematics Class
- Ariel Setniker – Linear Independence of Function Spaces
- Mike Stevenson – Crime Analysis: Issues in the Field
- Christopher Tasner – Permutations and Combination Locks
- Sophia Wellons – Investigating the Gap Year
- Joceline Wynn – Stage management: an artistic approach to the symbiotic relationships within a theatre
- Wendy Bryant – Sharing Stories: Insights on the Holistic Experiences of Latino ELLs
- Diedra Cates – My Reflexive Journey: A Korean American Adoptee’s Return to South Korea
- Tabitha McAfee – Teaching Strategies for the High School Math Classroom
- Chris McFetridge – Demystifying the Performance Authentic: Translation, Preference, and the New Aesthetic
- David O’Rourke – Independent Game Development: The Making of Paze
- Paige O’Rourke – The Search for Self: Childhood Interiors and Identity in Contemporary Young Adult Literature
- Marina Sikora – Higher Education, Critical Pedagogy, and Non-Traditional Students
- Nancy Sorensen – Delving into Dance and Gender
- Steven Thomson – Detection Limits of Derivatized Methamphetamine Using Gold Nanoparticles and Surface-Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy
- Ermine Todd – Creative Synthesis: Collaborative Cross-Disciplinary Studies in the Arts
- Karin Traweek – Oregon Gray Wolf Reintroduction, Conservation, and Management Evaluation
- Melissa Wiener – Super Fish Quest — A Video Game
- Rebekah Beyer – A Figure of Thought: Conceptual Metaphor in Children’s Preschool Narrative Picture Books
- Bryan Danaher – A Graphic Novelization: Coriolanus, Act 1
- Aaron Dull – Tales of Ungdar: Prophecy of the Eldests [novel]
- Sierra Durfee – A Modern Construction of a Corset and a Short Look at HIstorical and Social Aspects
- Crystal Hanson – Working in Harmony: The Process of Writing Music and Lyrics for a Musical
- Rachel Hermanson – Characterization of the Female Attractiveness Pheromone in the Red-Spotted Garter Snake, Thamnophis sirtalis concinnus
- Maria Hommes – A Knight of Fashion: Costuming an Amateur Musical
- Kady Hossner – Extensions of Cayley-Sudoku Constructions
- Joel Kobzeff – A Brief Disquisition on the Ethics Philosophy of Ayn Rand: The Objectivist Theory of Morality — A Discourse on Value, Reality, the Virtue of Egoism, the Immorality of Sacrifice, and the Failure of Subjectivist Ethics
- Nicole Miller – Community-Based Policing and the Mentally Ill
- Alysse Parker – Sir Gawain and the Green Knight: Creating a New Musical
- Michael Petrovich – Seasonal Effects on the White Blood Cell Percentages of Lower Invertebrates
- Angelica Strickland – Benefits of Foreign Language Instruction
- Jenny Barnes – The Dancing Classroom: Benefits of Using Creative Dance and Movement to Increase Learning for Students with and without ADD/ADHD
- Danielle Buffington-Tebon – Como Se What: The Importance of the Reading/Writing Connection for English Language Learners in the Middle School Language Arts Classroom
- Tasha Burlison-Trump – A Qualitative Analysis of Student Motivations, Intentions, and Participation in a Breast Cancer Advocacy Internship
- Allison Glasscock – The Complications of Philosophy: Fortune, Happiness, Evil, and Free Will in Boethius’ Consolation of Philosophy
- David Hawes – Beowulf the RPG
- Justin Karr – Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids: Health, the Brain, and the Human Diet
- Lisa Martini – The Influence of High Fructose Corn Syrup on the Diabetes Epidemic
- Hillary K. Mills – The Theories Informing Literature Circle Implementation
- Stephanie Shields – Developing Female Self-Efficacy for Middle School Mathematics
- Evan Sorce – Increasing the Power: The Traditional Role of the Vice President Before and After Vice President Cheney
- Nicole Teague – Movement in the Classroom: Integrating Movement into Elementary School Curriculum
- Jaclyn Thompson – A Tale of Two American Cities: A Look at Lifestyles
- Samuel Thompson – Retirement Investing Through Target Date Funds
- Dustin Byers – The Kansas-Nebraska Act of 1854 and the Failure of the Political Process
- Rebecca Chadd – Know Thyself: The Self-Revelatory Nature of the Creative Process
- Ashley Kuehlwein – The Media Effects on the Perceptions and Foreign Policies Surrounding the Chechan Fight for Independence between 1985 and 1995
- Betsy McDonald – Museums and National Identity: the Case of the Parthenon Sculptures
- Chelsey Miller – Pheromone Specificity and Reproductive Isolation in Garter Snakes
- Kimber Saville – Effects of Cognitive Inhibitory Abilities on Cortisol Responsiveness and Cognition
- Annaka Wendt – Louisa: A Collection of Stories and Musings
- Stephanie Woods – With this Ring: Religious Implications for Marital Horizons in Emerging Adulthood
- Lauren Zegers – The State of Education: An Examination of No Child Left Behind
- Tricia Brigham – The Relationship between Patients’ Self-Efficacy and their Effort Level and Improvement within a Physical Therapy Setting
- Zachary Christopherson – Sexual Attractiveness between Garter Snakes
- Kynzie Dalton – The Effects of Facial Cosmetics on Female Self-Perception
- Samantha Ann Hafner – Arthur Rising (novel)
- Brian Halverson – The Effect of the Weather on Retail Sales
- Shane Hosea – Republic: A Graphic Adaptation (graphic novel)
- Katherine Keetle – Signing for Education: The Benefits of Using American Sign Language in Hearing Classrooms
- Melissa Ruth C. Scott – A Reason to Live (novel)
- Joshua Nelsen Woods – Homeland Insecurity: Truman, Hoover, and Intelligence
- Mariko R. Chambers – A Study of Nursery Rhyme Adaptations
- Katy Bradley Conner – Through Their Eyes: Style and Character in Roddy Doyle
- Nicole Juergensen – Making Homes Out of RV’s: Alternative Low-Income Housing in Rural Southern Oregon
- Danielle Kuehnel – Hometown Pride: A Community’s Cultural Identity Constructed through Publication
- Tyler Laughlin – The Controversy of Constantine’s Conversion to Christianity
- Amanda Miles – An Examination of Stress and Illness Among College Students
- Nicole Jesse Perry – Speaking with Images: How the addition of images to second generation Holocaust suvivor’s memoirs improves the dialogue between author and reader
- Jennifer Rosales – The Growth Pattern of Colorful Bacterial Mats in Hot Springs Water at Yellowstone National Park
- Brian Smith – Exploring the Current 802.11 Security Landscape
- Laura Soules – Rock Walls and Rusted Dreams: An Archaeological Examination of Homesteading on the Crooked River National Grassland, Oregon
- Alaina Steiner – The Possibilites of Philosophies as Works of Visual Art
- Monica Fleener – The Coronation of Charlemagne: Causes and Consequences
- Beth Marie Frohmader – Development of the Guide Dog: Changes in Types, Training, and Recruitment of the Dog Guide and Implications for the Future
- Terry Manning – Attemps to Cultivate RLMO Bacteria Using Site-Specific Water Chemistry Data
- Mary E. Steers – The Effects of Age on Accurate Age Estimation
- Daniel Ryan Van Winkle – An Examination of the Use of History in the Rise of Ethnic Nationalism in the Former Socialist Federation of Yugoslavia
- Ashley Neonta Bell – Neolin and Tenskwatawa: A Comparison of Two Nativist Prophets
- Amber R. Faw – Manipulation of Eyewitness Testimony: How Naivete, Leading Questioning and Initial Stimulus Environment Affect Recall
- Heidi L. Kimberling – Effect of Relevant Shocking Material on Recall, Recognition, and Attitude of Advertisments
- Jessica K. Prante – Exposure of Hearing Infants to Signing: Its Influence on Language and Communication Ease
- Erin Shute – Thrice Lived: Moment, Memory, and Understanding
- Holly Adelman – Assessment and Accountability: Impacts of Testing on Oregon’s English Language Learners
- Christina M. Healy– Interpreting Shakespeare from English into American Sign Language
- Stephanie R. Lewis De Ochoa – Study of the Choreographic Evolution of George Balanchine’s Ballets from 1922-1983
- Kalah A. Paisley – Beyond Original Intent: The Reinvention of the Everson Ruling by Constitutional Historians
- Rebekah M Regan – Skipping or Tripping?
- Jill Bradley – Dual Language Education: Preparing Today’s Youth for Tomorrow’s Diverse Future
- Jana K. Brooks – Techniques in Fish Immunology: Effects of Water Source on Immune Cells of Goldfish, Carassius Auratus
- Ardyth DeBruyn – Culture in a Structure of Transition and Uncertainty: Liminality and Communities Among Modern Pilgrims on the Camino De Santiago
- Marika L. Schneider – Grief, Loss, and Death: A Guide for Educator’s and Parents of Elementary School Children
- Roseanne Pascalette Caputi – Suicide Race
- Shelley Dietrick – Beyond Family: Controversy Surrounding The Practice of Interracial Adoption within the American System.
- Laura M. Howard – The Underrepresentation of Females in Computer Science.
- Adrian C. Johanson – Wasted.
- Cheyenne Lemmon – Gender: Dynamics, Identity and the University Setting.
- Christina M. White – A Link to the Past, A Road to the Future: Bringing Family History into the Elementary Classroom.
- Thomas W. Bahde – I Fights Mit Sigel: Nativism and German American Soldiers in the Civil War.
- Celeste D. Barker – Father, Word and Holy Breath: The Genesis and Revelations of Stephen Dedalus.
- Brooke Gore – Mindful Communication: Strategies to Enhance Healthy Interactions.
- Maren E. Greif – A Novel Approach.
- Shannon M. Harvey – Implementing Creative Arts into the Elementary Classroom.
- Christopher J. Hodnefield – Decoding the Golay Code by Hand.
- Michelle Kennedy – The Use of Geographic Urban Models in Relation to the Development of Salem, Oregon.
- Kirk Lemmon – The Creation of a Film: From Script to Finish.
- Ruth Ashton – Concentrations of Lead (Pb) in the Roots and Shoots of Sunflower (Helianthus annus): An Experiment in Phytoremediation.
- Jessica Beach – Causes of Aggression: A Study of Biological Factors.
- Tori Fornaciari – Painted Personalities: A study of the Female Figure.
- Theresa A. Mecham – Anne, Farewell, Adieu: The Final Hours of Anne Boleyn.
- Angela Siecinski – Attributional Styles, Moral Disengagement, and Self-Reported Delinquency.
- Jennifer Lynne Wolff – Sometimes Miracles Hide.
- Elizabeth Cole – Language and Identity: The Confessions of a Bilingual Cabeza De Chorlito in Ecuador.
- Stephen Day – Personal Finance: The Forgotten Need of College Students.
- Jennifer K. Gjesvold – Guilt and Shame: Moral Affects and Criminal Behavior.
- Elaine M. Hart – “Genesis” And Other Poems.
- Molly J. Judson French – The Scent of Water: A Naturalist’s Guide to Small Streams of the Oregon Coast Range.
- Nicole Y. Meeuwsen – Discovering Economics.
- Noelle L. Pratt – Cami’s Story.
- Angela M. Quinby – Discovering Economics.
- Erin E. Sullivan – Fantasia on Amazing Grace.
- Jaimie Suzan Bigelow – A Narrative of the Birth of Anabaptism: A Personal Exploration.
- Michelle E. Bright – Insights into the Lives of Postsecondary Students with Learning Disabilites.
- Erin K. Clinton – The Effects of Hair Color and Cosmetic Use on Male and Female Perceptions of a Female’s Potential Job Performace.
- Carrie L. Davis – Tripidia: A Novel Prospectus.
- Chryste Lea Crivella Frauendiener – I Dance in Two Languages: A Creative Thesis on Bilingual Children’s Literature.
- Traci A. Hamer – Stressing Neisseria Gonorrhoeae: A Layman’s Explanation.
- Jane E. Hammill – Wicca.
- Alicia J. Kleiman – “Data’s My Comrade”: A Journey of Associations.
- Deborah F. Kropf – Disability is not Inability: The Deaf Community in Kenya.
- Danielle D. Myers – Guests of the Gold Mountain: Chinese Vernecular Architecture and Two Dragon Camps.
- Jennifer L Paulsen – The World Wide Web’s Impact on the Field of Education: The Role it Plays and Examples of Usage.
- Stephanie D.B. Sherwood – The Making of Martyrs: The Centralia Tragedy and Trial of 1919.
- Aimee Bruno – Let it be with me according to your word.
- Holly M. Hatch – Themes and variations in the lives of Robert and Clara Schumann and Johannes Brahms.
- Charles K. Bonville – The internet: a virtual library.
- Stacey Brennan – Interdisciplinary education: an option for improving education.
- Nicole L. Hayes – Successful mediation: a comparison of Leslie Marmon Silko’s ceremony and Louise Erdrich’s love medicine.
- Thomas R. Hoffman – Mathematical chaos: development and applications.
- Jana L. Mounts – Medieval European noble women and the power they possessed.
- Cynthia L. Ussing – The multi-grade elementary classroom, a return to the past?
- Cindy Wrey – Financial inequities in schools: do they exist?
- Elona M. Olson – Mixed-age grouping.
- Kelly C. Schloer – Generation of a population of autotetraploid loium multiflorum plants for use in breeding new varieties of rye grass.
- Heather Boylan – The Historical Mexico as Seen by a Foreigner.
- Rachel L. Fox – In Memoriam: Dan Lucas.
- Shannon M. Gates – Messiah: A Personal Discovery.
- Travis Giboney – True Blue.
- Stacy Holloway – The Geomorphology of the Hood River Valley.
- Thomas W. Hrabal – A European Experience.
- Dawn Lingenfelter – Gender issues in computer-mediated communication: an exploratory analysis.
- Wendy Sue Randolph Pankey – The Life You Save: A Soliloguy by Flannery O’ Connor.
- Evangeline Faith Pearson – Music in Worship in the Churches of Monmouth-Independence.
- Danielle Spinella – Head Start
- Jessica J. Wilkinson – Effective Interface Design: Increasing User Productivity.
- Michael C. Curry – Life Out There: Looking Beyond the Limits.
- Leah Johnson – Ehpesian Memories.
- Paul H. Potter – Fear and loathing of the self: gay protagonists in two post World War II American novels.
- Tracie Toman – Germany: a hope for Oregon’s educational future a study of Oregon and German educational systems.
- Daniel S. Kay – Zoo Story: A Study In Communication.
- Rachel Starck – A Study of Three Grass Seed Mixes Used in the Restoration of Wetlands.
- Nicole A. Diederich – Thomas Wolfe’s journey toward self-discovery: the search for meaning and identity in Look Homeward Angel and Of Time and the River.
- Corey Johnson – Elsewhere: the reunification of mind and matter.
- Julie Ann Biddle – An historical perspective on six works from flute recital literature.
- Kalen Griffin – Theatre direction: a test in communication.
(503) 838-8519 | or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org