Home » Formatting Requirements
Every Honors thesis will be professionally bound and digitally published. In order for them to look the best, please follow these formatting requirements:
- MARGINS for ENTIRE document (even tables/charts): 1.25″ left and right margins. 1″ margin top and bottom.
- TYPEFACE AND SIZE: preferably Calibri 12 or 13pt, Cambria 12 or 13pt, or Garamond 12 or 13pt. Times New Roman 12pt also (begrudgingly) accepted.
- TITLES: as long as you need, but some titles may need to be shortened on the cover of your bound thesis.
- SPACING: double-spaced for text and bibliography. Charts, tables, etc. may not be double-spaced.
- LENGTH: varies, based on project. The annual average tends to be around 55 pages.
- COLOR (for printed copies): due to printing cost, your thesis should not be in color unless absolutely essential. Use gray-scale for charts and tables. Please communicate with the Honors Director if you anticipate high color needs.
- COLOR (for digital publication): no restrictions. Please communicate with the Honors Director if you foresee submitting two final, differently formatted theses to me. It’s important to know which gets printed, which gets uploaded for digital publication.
- TITLE PAGE (Click to download editable template)