Commencement Day Schedule
Commencement Ceremony Schedule
8 to 9:00 a.m.
- Final opportunity to pick up required caps and gowns in the WOU Bookstore.
- Graduates should leave extra travel time to ensure they arrive before 9:00 a.m.
- Lineup begins in the New PE building. Leave personal items at home as there is no secure storage area.
- Graduates check-in, receive a card and line up according to the assigned number.
- Honors cords will be distributed by the Registrar’s office. Tassels are worn on the right until after the diploma is received.
- All participants must be in line. Anyone who arrives after this time will not be allowed to participate in the ceremony.
- The processional line begins. Faculty marshals will direct graduates to their seats.
- The ceremony begins.
- Rise and remain standing when directed.
- Proceed in a line to the ramp at the north end of the stage.
- While walking across the stage, give the card to the reader or the reader’s assistant.
- Each name will be read.
- Continue across the stage and down the ramp. Pause for the photographer but don’t stop at the bottom of the ramp.
- Return to the assigned seat until the ceremony concludes. Move tassels to the left side.
- Remain seated until the platform party leaves the field.
- Graduates may then proceed to the Commencement Reception in the Grove (weather permitting) or the Pacific Room of the Werner University Center.