graduate student resources
Welcome to graduate programs at Western Oregon University! Much of the information you need to successfully complete your degree can be found by checking the links on this page; including degree requirements via program plan forms, policies, graduate programs calendar, and thesis, action research, and professional project requirements and more.
If you have any questions about your degree progress that are not answered here, please contact Amber Deets from the Graduate Office or your faculty advisor for assistance.
Steps for success in graduate programs:
- Meet with your advisor within your first term of enrollment
- Complete your program plan
- Create an action plan for completing degree in timely manner
- Check your Financial Aid award letter
- Sustain a gpa of 3.0 or above on all graduate level coursework
- Check DegreeWorks via your WolfWeb to see your academic progress
- Complete your pre-approval forms for thesis, professional project, or action research project at least one term prior to degree completion
- Apply for Graduation via the Application for Completion of Master’s Degree form at least one term before you have completed courses
- Check in with advisor at least once per term to make sure you are on track for graduation
- If you have any questions, contact the Graduate Office