Reading Endorsement/Certificate Program
Steps in applying to Reading program:
- Apply to be a WOU graduate student ($60 fee)
- Apply to Reading Program
Deadlines and key dates:
You may apply to the program any term.
Detailed application requirements:
If you don’t live in Oregon and are applying for an online program:
We welcome applications from residents of most states. Distance students in other states may face additional restrictions regarding program admission and activity. Visit our State Authorization page to learn more.
Apply for WOU Graduate admission:
- Complete WOU Application for Graduate Admission online.
- $60 application fee
- Evidence of completion of a four-year baccalaureate degree (or international equivalent) from regionally accredited institution as defined by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars, with a cumulative B average (equivalent 3.00 on a U.S. 4.00 grading scale) on the most recent baccalaureate degree. If the applicant’s cumulative GPA is below 3.00, but a calculation using the last 90 quarter credits (60 semester credits) of graded course work is 3.0 or higher, the latter will be used as the basis for admission. Applicants who hold a master’s degree will have the 3.0 GPA requirement waived.
- GPA requirement: Students with less than 3.0 can also provide passing MAT/GRE scores to be fully admitted. A student who has an undergraduate GPA of 2.50 to 2.99 can be admitted conditionally for the first 9 credit hours. Students can petition for conditional graduate admission via the graduate student general petition located on the graduate office website. *Conditionally admitted students will not be able to receive financial aid until they become fully admitted students and a program plan is on file.
Apply for Reading Endorsement/Certificate Program admission:
After meeting university requirements, applicants must meet in person with an Reading advisor to complete and sign an Reading Endorsement/Certificate Contract.
- Program application form: Complete the Reading Endorsement program application form.