M.S. Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling
Your best preparation for the MS RMHC program:
To be admitted, you should already have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- MAT or GRE test scores for those with less than a 3.0 GPA on last 90 quarter credit hours
- For international requirements please visit the International Scholars office
Steps in applying to MS RMHC program:
- Apply to be a WOU graduate student ($60 fee)
- Apply to MS RMHC program
- We let you know via email about university acceptance by June.
Deadlines and key dates:
Graduate students may apply to the program any term..
- Recommended that you apply directly to Graduate Program within 15 days of the deadline.
- Apply to the program by February 1st.
- Interviews will be held in March on campus
Detailed application requirements:
- Apply for WOU Graduate admission:
- Complete WOU Application for Graduate Admission form: Submit this form to the Graduate Office, Administration Building Office 107. You must be admitted to the WOU Graduate School before being considered for admission to the MS RMHC program. Submit all WOU Graduate School application materials to the Graduate Office at least one week prior to the program admission deadline of February 1st.
- $60 application fee
- Evidence of completion of a four-year baccalaureate degree (or international equivalent) from regionally accredited institution as defined by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars, with a cumulative B average (equivalent 3.00 on a U.S. 4.00 grading scale) on the most recent baccalaureate degree. If the applicant’s cumulative GPA is below 3.00, but a calculation using the last 90 quarter credits (60 semester credits) of graded course work is 3.0 or higher, the latter will be used as the basis for admission. Applicants who hold a master’s degree will have the 3.0 GPA requirement waived.
- Applicants not meeting the minimum GPA requirement may be considered with a passing score on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or Graduate Record Exam (GRE). Minimum required score for the MAT: 395. Minimum required score for the GRE Verbal Reasoning: 148, Quantitative Reasoning: 147, Analytical Writing: 3.5
- Apply for MS RMHC admission:
Process: You will be notified via email regarding acceptance status by June. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. You will be notified via email if you are missing any application components.
Admissions to the graduate program adheres to the guidelines laid down for general admission to the Graduate Programs at WOU, along with the following steps of application (all forms require Adobe Reader to save and create your digital signature):
- Program application submitted concurrently with WOU graduate application. Submit program application to:
Richard Woodcock Building, RM139
Western Oregon University
345 N. Monmouth Avenue
Monmouth, OR 97361
- Complete an interview by the RMHC program admissions committee:
Interview with team from Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counselor Education. On campus Interviews is scheduled beginning in March by invitation.
- Hear back from us.
- Enroll in classes! (You will have to pay a one-time $300 matriculation fee at this point.)