M.S. Management & Information Systems
To be admitted, you should already have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Completed necessary UG coursework requirement
- MAT or GRE test scores for those with less than a 3.0 gpa on last 90 quarter credit hours
- For international requirements please visit the International Scholars office
Steps in applying to MS in Management and Information Systems:
- Apply to be a WOU graduate student ($60 fee)
- Apply to MS in Management and Information Systems
- We let you know via email about university acceptance within 30 days after completion of the application deadline.
Deadlines and key dates:
Graduate students may apply to the program both fall and winter terms.
- Apply by November 15, 2018 for winter 2019 admission
- applicants are encouraged to apply early as the application may close once the program has reached capacity.
- Apply by July 15, 2019 for fall 2019 admission
Detailed application requirements:
- Apply for WOU Graduate admission:
If you don’t live in Oregon and are applying for an online program:
We welcome applications from residents of most states. However, Western Oregon University is unable to accept new distance students residing in Alabama and Maryland at this time. Distance students in some other states may face additional restrictions regarding program admission and activity. Visit our State Authorization page to learn more.
- Complete WOU Application for Graduate Admission form: Submit this form to the Graduate Office, Administration Building Office 107. You must be admitted to the WOU Graduate School before being considered for admission to the MS in Management and Information Systems program. Submit all WOU Graduate School application materials to the Graduate Office at least one week prior to the program admission deadline.
- $60 application fee
- Evidence of completion of a four-year baccalaureate degree (or international equivalent) from regionally accredited institution as defined by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars, with a cumulative B average (equivalent 3.00 on a U.S. 4.00 grading scale) on the most recent baccalaureate degree. If the applicant’s cumulative GPA is below 3.00, but a calculation using the last 90 quarter credits (60 semester credits) of graded course work is 3.0 or higher, the latter will be used as the basis for admission. Applicants who hold a master’s degree will have the 3.0 GPA requirement waived.
- Applicants not meeting the minimum GPA requirement may be considered with a passing score on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or Graduate Record Exam (GRE). Minimum required score for the MAT: 395. Minimum required score for the GRE Verbal Reasoning: 148, Quantitative Reasoning: 147, Analytical Writing: 3.5
- Apply for MS in Management and Information Systems admission:
Process: You will be notified via email regarding acceptance status within 30 days of the application deadline. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. You will be notified via email if you are missing any application components.
Admission to the M. S. in Management and Information Systems program first requires admission to the University Graduate Programs. The Master of Science in Management & Information Systems graduate program invites applications for admission from students meeting the following requirements:
- Meet all requirements for admission to the Graduate School of Western Oregon University
- Have completed the following undergraduate coursework with a grade of C or better (see the application for more information)
- Financial Accounting (BA 211 or equivalent)
- Introduction to Microeconomics (EC 201 or equivalent)
- Introduction to Programming using a modern language such as Java, C++, C#, or Python (CS 161, CS 133 or equivalent)
- Introduction to Probability and Statistics (MTH 243 or equivalent)
- Calculus or Discrete Mathematics (MTH 251 or BA 240 or MTH 241 or MTH 231 or equivalent)
- Program Application Form, includes the following:
- A current resume
- Answers to questions about your background and career goals
- A writing sample
- Unofficial transcripts showing evidence of the completed coursework listed above
- Three sealed letters of recommendation
- Hear back from us.
- Enroll in classes! (You will have to pay a one-time $300 matriculation fee at this point.)