M.S. in Education: Special Education K-12
Steps in applying to MSEd: Special Education program:
- Apply to be a WOU graduate student ($60 fee)
- Apply to Master of Science in Education: Special Education program
Deadlines and key dates:
Priority Application Deadline April 1st.
- Completed applications received after the priority deadline may be considered until the cohort is full or be placed on a wait list.
Detailed application requirements:
Apply for WOU Graduate Admission:
- Complete WOU Application for Graduate Admission form: Submit this form to the Graduate Office, Administration Building Office 107. You must be admitted to the WOU Graduate School before being considered for admission to the Master of Science in Education: Special Education program. Submit all WOU Graduate School application materials to the Graduate Office at least one week prior to the program admission deadline.
- $60 application fee
- Evidence of completion of a four-year baccalaureate degree (or international equivalent) from regionally accredited institution as defined by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars, with a cumulative B average (equivalent 3.00 on a U.S. 4.00 grading scale) on the most recent baccalaureate degree. If the applicant’s cumulative GPA is below 3.00, but a calculation using the last 90 quarter credits (60 semester credits) of graded course work is 3.0 or higher, the latter will be used as the basis for admission. Applicants who hold a master’s degree will have the 3.0 GPA requirement waived.
- GPA requirement: Students with less than 3.0 can also provide passing MAT/GRE scores to be fully admitted. A student who has an undergraduate GPA of 2.50 to 2.99 can be admitted conditionally for the first 9 credit hours. Students can petition for conditional graduate admission via the graduate student general petition located on the graduate office website. *Conditionally admitted students will not be able to receive financial aid until they become fully admitted students and a program plan is on file.
Apply for Master of Science in Education: Special Education program admission:
- Completed, signed and dated Special Educator Program Application
- Three confidential letters of recommendation MUST be mailed directly by each reference to the WOU Special Educator Program (address on forms). You must NOT submit the completed reference forms with your application. Download the Confidential Reference form.
- Documentation for completion of one of the following tests: SAT/ACT/GRE (No minimum score required for this portion of the application)
- Copies of official transcripts from all universities attended are to be submitted with the WOU Application for Graduate Admission. Photocopies will be made for your Special Education Program file and the College of Education.