M.A. Criminal Justice
Steps in applying to MA in Criminal Justice program:
- Apply to be a WOU graduate student
- Apply to Master of Arts in Criminal Justice program
Ready to get started? Have more questions? request more information
Deadlines and key dates:
You may apply to the program any term.
Detailed application requirements:
Apply for WOU Graduate admission:
- Complete WOU Application for Graduate Admission online.
- $60 application fee
- Evidence of completion of a four-year baccalaureate degree (or international equivalent) from regionally accredited institution as defined by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars, with a cumulative B average (equivalent 3.00 on a U.S. 4.00 grading scale) on the most recent baccalaureate degree. If the applicant’s cumulative GPA is below 3.00, but a calculation using the last 90 quarter credits (60 semester credits) of graded course work is 3.0 or higher, the latter will be used as the basis for admission. Applicants who hold a master’s degree will have the 3.0 GPA requirement waived.
- Applicants not meeting the minimum GPA requirement may be considered with a passing score on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or Graduate Record Exam (GRE). Minimum required score for the MAT: 395. Minimum required score for the GRE Verbal Reasoning: 148, Quantitative Reasoning: 147, Analytical Writing: 3.5
Apply for MA in Criminal Justice admission:
- Program application form: Complete the Master of Arts in Criminal Justice program application form.
- A biographical letter explaining why you are seeking a graduate degree and how it meets your professional and academic goals.
- A current resume
- Transcripts from all colleges/universities attended (unofficial are okay)
Process: You will be notified via email regarding acceptance status of your complete application. A complete program application includes the application form, biographical letter of desire, current resume, and all transcripts. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. You will be notified via email if you are missing any application components.