Home » M.A. Criminal Justice
M.A. Criminal Justice
Individuals currently working in the field of criminal justice and its ancillary professions. Criminal Justice masters programs provides students with academic foundation for managerial and other advanced professional roles in the field of criminal justice.
To start, you need:
- A bachelor’s degree in criminal justice or social science
- Background in criminal justice (not required, but desired)
- Desire to further your professional career
Finishing will take:
- 2 years
- This criminal justice masters program can be completed in as little as 4 terms if students attend full-time.
- 45 credits
- A master’s thesis, professional project, or comprehensive exams
Begin your Online Master of Arts in Criminal Justice program:
- Next term
Where you will take classes:
- Online/distance fall, winter, spring, and summer
- On-campus evening courses
Technology you will need:
- Internet connection
- Video conferencing capability (e.g., Skype)
- Printer (optional)
Where this degree can take you:
- Management roles within criminal justice field
- Teaching at community college level
- Preparation for doctoral programs
What you will learn:
This degree will teach students how to conduct social science research and learn how to apply these methods toward solving the actual problems encountered in the administration of justice. In other words, you will learn how to put theory into practice.
- Analyze the organizational structures and management challenges that define the field of criminal justice.
- Use methods of social science research to investigate problems and questions in the field of criminal justice.
- Apply theory-to-practice within the criminal justice environment.