Instructional Design Certificate Program
Your best preparation for the Instructional Design Certificate program:
To be admitted, you should already have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Desire to be a cutting edge professional
- Interest in the emerging technologies and their impact on society
Steps in applying to Instructional Design Certificate program:
- Apply to be a WOU graduate student ($60 fee)
- Apply to Instructional Design Certificate program
- We let you know via email about university acceptance within 7 days of the completed application.
Deadlines and key dates:
Graduate students may apply to the program any term.
- Recommended that you apply directly to Graduate Programs within 30 days of the beginning of the term you plan to start.
- Apply to the program as soon as possible for priority review and registration.
Detailed application requirements:
- Apply for WOU Graduate admission:
If you don’t live in Oregon and are applying for an online program:
We welcome applications from residents of most states. However, Western Oregon University is unable to accept new distance students residing in Alabama and Maryland at this time. Distance students in some other states may face additional restrictions regarding program admission and activity. Visit our State Authorization page to learn more.
- Complete WOU Application for Graduate Admission form: Submit this form to the Graduate Office, Administration Building Office 107. You must be admitted to the WOU Graduate School before being considered for admission to the Instructional Design Certificate program. Submit all WOU Graduate School application materials to the Graduate Office at least one week prior to the program admission deadline.
- $60 application fee
- Evidence of completion of a four-year baccalaureate degree (or international equivalent) from regionally accredited institution as defined by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars, with a cumulative B average (equivalent 3.00 on a U.S. 4.00 grading scale) on the most recent baccalaureate degree. If the applicant’s cumulative GPA is below 3.00, but a calculation using the last 90 quarter credits (60 semester credits) of graded course work is 3.0 or higher, the latter will be used as the basis for admission. Applicants who hold a master’s degree will have the 3.0 GPA requirement waived.
- Applicants not meeting the minimum GPA requirement may be considered with a passing score on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or Graduate Record Exam (GRE). Minimum required score for the MAT: 395. Minimum required score for the GRE Verbal Reasoning: 148, Quantitative Reasoning: 147, Analytical Writing: 3.5
- Apply for Instructional Design Certificate admission:
Submit the application form to Zig Derochowski, College of Education room 201F.
- Application form: Instructional Design Certificate
- Instructional Design Certificate program plan form
- Hear back from us.
- Enroll in classes! (You will have to pay a one-time $300 matriculation fee at this point.)
All forms require Adobe Reader ™ to save and create your digital signature.