Dual Language/Bilingual Education Certificate
Teachers and other education professionals to develop expertise in dual language/bilingual instruction.
To start, you need:
- A bachelor’s degree
- A valid teaching license (preferred)
Finishing will take:
- 1 year or less
- 15 credits
Begin your Dual Language/Bilingual Education Certificate program:
Where you will take classes:
- On campus-All classes meet once per week from 5-7:50 pm
Where this certificate can take you:
- Become a certified dual language teacher and/or instructional leader
- Better serve the needs of emergent bilingual learners within any classroom context
- Use courses to finish the Master of Science in Education: Curriculum and Instruction program
What you will learn:
This certificate prepares teachers and other education professionals to develop students’ competencies in bilingualism, biliteracy, and multiculturalism. Builds expertise for effective instruction, leadership, and advocacy in dual language and bilingual settings.
- Prepare teachers and other education professionals to apply theories of first and second language acquisition to their practice, and to use theoretical principles related to the role of culture and identity to foster an inclusive learning environment in dual language and bilingual settings.
- Prepare teachers and other education professionals to use evidence-based practices and strategies related to planning/developing/designing, implementing, and managing/assessing instruction in dual language and bilingual settings.
- Prepare teachers and other education professionals to act as a resource and advocate for multilingualism, and to collaborate with students, their families, and the community in order to meet the needs of multilingual students.