Home » Dual Language/Bilingual Education Certificate/SpecializationMenu
Dual Language/Bilingual Education Certificate/Specialization
Where this program can take you:
- Become a certified dual language teacher and/or instructional leader
- Better serve the needs of emergent bilingual learners within any classroom context
- Use courses to finish the Master of Science in Education: Curriculum and Instruction program
To start, you need:
- A bachelor’s degree
- A valid teaching license (preferred)
Finishing will take:
- 1 year or less
- 15 credits
Begin your Dual Language/Bilingual Education Certificate/Specialization program:
- We are not accepting new applicants at this time.
Where you will take classes:
- On campus-All classes meet once per week from 5-7:50 pm
What you will learn:
This certificate/specialization prepares teachers and other education professionals to develop students’ competencies in bilingualism, biliteracy, and multiculturalism. Builds expertise for effective instruction, leadership, and advocacy in dual language and bilingual settings.
- Prepare teachers and other education professionals to apply theories of first and second language acquisition to their practice, and to use theoretical principles related to the role of culture and identity to foster an inclusive learning environment in dual language and bilingual settings.
- Prepare teachers and other education professionals to use evidence-based practices and strategies related to planning/developing/designing, implementing, and managing/assessing instruction in dual language and bilingual settings.
- Prepare teachers and other education professionals to act as a resource and advocate for multilingualism, and to collaborate with students, their families, and the community in order to meet the needs of multilingual students.