steps to apply for graduate admissions
All forms require Adobe Reader ™ to save and create your digital signature.
- Graduate Student Application (PDF)
- International Student Application Instructions: International students are required to apply through the International Office
- Graduate Student Application (Online)
- Non-Admit Student Policy: Students are allowed a maximum of 15 credits of non-admit graduate coursework to be applied to an endorsement, specialization, certificate, and/or degree program.
- Re-enrollment Form
- This form should be used if you have previously been a matriculated graduate student and became inactive due to non-enrollment or graduation.
- Submit your application to the Graduate Office, Administration 107. Students must be admitted to the WOU Graduate Programs prior to being considered for admission to their masters program. Submit all WOU Graduate Studies application materials to the Graduate Office at least one week prior to the program admission deadline.
- Notice to out-of-state distance students: Western Oregon University is unable to accept new distance students residing in the states of Alabama and Maryland at this time. Distance students in some states may face other restrictions regarding program admission and activity. Visit our State Authorization page to learn more.
Applicants for graduate programs must submit the following in addition to their application:
- Sealed official transcripts from the university that granted your bachelor’s degree and from all other institutions of higher education where you completed coursework.
- Applicants must provide evidence of completion of a bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited institution as defined by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers.
- A GPA of 3.0 in the last 90 quarter hours (60 semester hours) of coursework is required.
- Students who have already obtained their Master’s degree from an accredited institution will have their gpa requirement waived.
- Those with less than a 3.0 GPA can be admitted with MAT or GRE scores (see below for requirement.
- Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score. If the applicant’s GPA is 3.0 or higher, the test requirement is waived. If the GPA is less than 3.0 minimum required score for (a) MAT: 395 or higher; (b) GRE: minimum quantitative score: 147 and minimum verbal score: 148 and a 3.5 or higher on the Analytical Writing section.
- $60 non refundable application fee
- Veteran’s Fee Waiver: Western Oregon recognizes the members of the U.S. Armed Forces and honorably discharged veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces by exempting them from paying the $60 admissions application fee. Provide a copy of your DD-214, or, for current military members, a copy of your most recent military orders, Enlisted Records Brief (ERB), or Officer Records Brief (ORB). Once you have completed the online application for admissions form, please select the “defer your application fee” box. When the supporting documents have been received, the application fee will be waived and your application will be processed. You can scan and e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- $300 one-time matriculation fee (is assessed on all new graduate students when they enroll)