Community and Web Resources
Off campus/Community/Web resources
- Independent Living Program (ILP): Offers housing assistance, funds for higher education, and opportunities for building independent living skills to youth who have been in or who are in foster care. Office located at 182 SW Academy Street Suite 333 Dallas, OR 97338.
- iFoster: An online resource center for foster youth. Free to join, membership includes connections to job opportunities and various resources, discounts on products and services across the country, and access to a digital locker to keep track of important documents, applications, etc
- FosterU.org: Part of Foster Care to Success: Provides information about national and state programs benefitting foster youth in addition to Medicaid info, policy news, and more.”
- Oregon Foster Youth Connection: A statewide, youth led, advocacy group of current and former foster youth focused on advocacy and participation in the development of foster care policies, programs, and practices. Marion County Chapter meets in Salem every first Thursday of the month.
- Congressional Coalition on Adoption Institute (CCAI): A nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to advocating for foster youth to policymakers. CCAI offers a Foster Youth Internship Program, a highly esteemed congressional internship for young adults who spent time in the foster care system to raise awareness to federal policymakers about foster care, child welfare, financing, and abuse and neglect.
- Fostering Success Michigan Resource Library: One of the nations leading foster care research programs with over 580 resources for foster kids, students, parents, and other supportive adults.
- 2-1-1 Info: A free and confidential nonprofit resource referral service available by calling 211, texting your zip code to 898211, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. They also have a free app available for download. 211 can connect you with nearly 3,000 agencies and 50,000 programs in areas including food assistance, childcare, employment, energy assistance, and many other health and social service needs.