General Education Committee
The General Education Committee shall:
- Provide oversight of Western Oregon University’s general education program, which includes working with faculty, staff, and students to ensure that WOU offers a comprehensive, accessible, and dynamic general education curriculum that is aligned with institutional learning outcomes.
- Manage information, processes, and requirements for proposing courses for D, LACC, Q, and W designations; conduct regular review of criteria and update application materials, as needed.
- Review curriculum proposals for D, LACC, Q, and W designations according to the established criteria.
- Maintain a resource bank for D, LACC, Q, and W course design, based on voluntary submissions from faculty and work with the Center on Academic Innovation to provide resources that support general education instruction.
- Provide assistance and consult with the Registrar on matters pertaining to general education curriculum and transfer articulation.
- Coordinate committee functions with relevant campus stakeholders (e.g., Faculty Senate Executive Committee, Curriculum Committee, Academic Requirements Committee, etc.).