General Education Committee
The General Education Committee shall:
1. Provide oversight of Western Oregon University’s general education program, which includes working with faculty, staff, and students to ensure that WOU offers a comprehensive, accessible, and dynamic general education curriculum that is aligned with institutional learning outcomes.
2. Manage information, processes, and requirements for proposing courses for the general education program; conduct regular review of criteria and update application materials, as needed.
3. Review curriculum proposals for the general education program according to the established criteria.
4. Maintain a resource bank for general education course design, based on voluntary submissions from faculty and work with the Center on Academic Innovation to provide resources that support general education instruction.
5. Provide assistance and consult with the Registrar on matters pertaining to general education curriculum and transfer articulation.
6. Coordinate committee functions with relevant campus stakeholders (e.g., Faculty Senate Executive Committee, Curriculum Committee, Academic Requirements Committee, etc.).
For more information about General Education, go here: http://www.wou.edu/gened/