Doctorate of Public Health (PhD)
Master of Science (MS)
- Oregon State University, Corvallis - Major area of study: Health
promotion and education. Minors in health behavior and gerontology
Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo - Major:
- Ball State University, Muncie, Ind. - Major: Education. Minor
TEACHING AND ADVISING EXPERIENCE
Associate Professor: Division of Health and Physical Education,
Western Oregon University, Monmouth, Ore. 2003-22006
- Courses taught: Introduction to public health,
chronic and infectious diseases, child and adolescent health, health
communication, study of drugs and alcohol
Research focus: breast cancer, Oregon Health Plan
Research Analyst: Office of Medical Assistance
Programs, Salem, Ore. 2001-2003 -
Research and Evaluation Department, Oregon Health Plan (Medicaid).
Epidemiological studies of the Medicaid population in Oregon, including
Cancer Data Specialist: Cancer registrar,
Samaritan Cancer Center, Corvallis, Ore. 1999-2001 - Biomedical data
abstraction, analysis, followup and report writing
Instructor/Graduate Teaching Assistant: Oregon State University,
Corvallis, OR 1993- 2003
Health Sciences Advisor: School of Biological Sciences, University
of California, Irvine 1984-1992 - Advising of students entering the
health professions. Health Sciences Advisory Committee.
- Courses taught: Chronic disease, program planning, AIDS and STDs,
health risk communication
- Henderson, J., Arbor, S., Broich, S., Mohr-Petersen, J., and Hutchinson,
J. (2006). Immunization Initiation Among Infants in the Oregon Health
Plan. American Journal of Public Health, 96(5), 800-3.
- Henderson, J., Ice, A., and Jacobs, K. (2006). How should radiation
best be used for patients with early breast cancer? Hot Topics,
Alamo Breast Cancer Foundation. http://www.alamobreastcancer.org
- Henderson, J. & Donatelle, B. (2004). Complementary and Alternative
Medicine Use by Women After Completion of Allopathic Treatment for
Breast Cancer. Journal of Alternative Health and Medicine,
- Henderson, J. & Donatelle, B. (2003). The Relationship between
Cancer Locus of Control and Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Use Among Women Diagnosed with Breast Cancer. Journal of Psycho-Oncology,
- Henderson, J., Donatelle, B., & Acock, A. (2002). Confirmatory
Factor Analysis of the Cancer Locus of Control Scale. Educational
and Psychological Measurement, 62(6), 995-1005.
- Henderson, J. (2000). Environmental Health, chapter 23; and Infectious
Diseases and Sexually Transmitted Infections, chapter 19. In Access
to Health, 6th ed., by R. Donatelle and L.Davis. Boston: Allyn
- Henderson, J. (ed.) (1999). An Unexpected Challenge: Breast
Cancer Stories from Benton and Linn Counties. Benton County
Breast and Cervical Cancer Coalition.
- Henderson, J. (1997). Issues in the Medical Treatment of Elderly
Women. Journal of Women and Aging, 9(2), 107-115.
- Henderson, J. & Champeau, D. (1997). Resources and Consequences
of Social Support in Adult BlackAmericans. The Gerontologist,
- Donatelle, B., Champeau, D., & Henderson, J. (eds.) (1997). AIDS
and STDs: A Global Perspective. Simon & Schuster.
- FDA Endocrinology and Metabolic Drugs Advisory Committee, Food
and Drug Administration, Washington, DC. 2006-2009.
- Oregon Health Research & Evaluation Collaborative (OHREC).
Research Presentation: Immunization Disparities in the Oregon Health
Plan. Salem, Ore. 2006.
- National Breast Cancer Coalition Conference. Presentation: Complementary
and Alternative Medicine Use Among Women Diagnosed with Breast Cancer.
Washington, DC. 2006 and 2005.
- Western Child and Maternal Health Epidemiological Conference.
Poster Presentation: Immunization Initiation among Infants in Oregon’s
Medicaid. Portland, Ore. 2006
- Avon Breast Cancer Foundation, Community Committee, New York.
Grant Reviewer. 2004-2006
- FDA panelist: National Mammography Quality Assurance Advisory
Committee, Food and Drug Administration, 2001- 2005
- Grant Reviewer: Department of Defense, Medical Division,
Endocrinology Committee, 1999- 2002
- Grant Reviewer: California Breast Cancer Research Program.
Innovative Treatment Committee, Tumor Biology Committee, 1996- 2002
- Facilitator/Leader: Corvallis Breast Cancer Support Group,
1997- 2001 Lead meetings, produce monthly newsletters, media spokesperson.
Collaborate with the Benton County Breast and Cervical Cancer Coalition.
Liaison to American Cancer Society.
- Research Presentation, national meeting, 1997. The Gerontological
Society of America. Health and Social Support Outcomes among Older
Adult Black Americans.
- Project LEAD, national fellowship, 1995. Leadership, Education,
and Advocacy Development for National Breast Cancer Coalition.
- CDC Scholar, International Conference on Women and Infectious
Diseases, Atlanta, GA 2006.
- Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers, 10th
ed. 2006 & 9th ed. 2005.
- Invited Guest, Breast Cancer Research Symposium, San Antonio,
- Sponsored Advocate, Department of Defense (DOD) National Breast
Cancer Research Program, Philadelphia, PA. 2005