How to export grades from Moodle
Exporting the gradebook allows faculty to manage course grades outside of Moodle.
The exported file can be manipulated then imported back into the course.
● Student names, ID numbers, and email addresses will export with each type of file.
● There is not an option to select “No ID number” when exporting grade items. This is a safeguard to ensure grades are matched to students according to their Vnumbers.
- Open the Moodle course
- Go to the “Course administration” block and select “Grades” (left side)
- Select the “Export” tab (see image below)
- Select the tab of your preferred export format (see “Export Format Options” below)
- Choose the preferred “Grade items to be included” and “Export format options”
- When finished select the “Download” button (bottom of page)
Export Format Options
- Include feedback in export: Creates a column where feedback can be input. As well as, it lists existing feedback that was entered within Moodle.
- Exclude suspended users: This is a null option. Academic suspensions are determined within the first week of a course. It is possible for a student to be academically
suspended, forget to tell their instructor, and still be enrolled in the course.
- Export display types: Select as many format types as you would like. When grades are exported each display type will have its own column.
- Grade export decimal points: Select the number of decimal points for grades. The values
range from 0 to 5.
- Separator: The item you select will deliminate each grade item within the report. (Plain text only)