Enable an Activity Outcome
An outcome is a statement, created by the instructor, which measures a student’s specific understanding within an activity.
This tutorial demonstrates how to activate the outcome assessment for a specific activity. An outcome is a statement, created by the instructor, which measures a student’s specific understanding within an activity. The outcome is separate from the activity grade. If outcomes are enabled within an activity, the instructor will need to complete traditional grading and the outcome. Outcomes are rated by scales, and the scales are created separate from the outcomes.
- Open the Moodle course
- Select the course activity in which you want to enable the outcome
- Go to the activity administration block and select “Edit Settings” (left side)
- Scroll down and select the “Outcomes” setting to expand the menu (see image below)
- Select the check box to the right of the preferred outcome (see image below)
- Select either “Save and return to course” or “Save and display” (bottom of page)
Want to delete an outcome from an activity?