Embed a Video
How to embed a video in a Moodle course
If you have a deaf or hard of hearing student in your course the Office of Disability Services (ODS) will transcribe or caption your media for you to make it ADA compliant. You will be notified in advance of the course start date that captioned media is required based on a disability. The captioning process can take up to 2 weeks. There are two options for having your videos captioned in a Moodle course.
- Within Moodle: You can grant Louann Casares from the Office of Disability Services (email@example.com) ODS Staff access to your course. ODS Staff access will provide Louann access to all of the videos listed in your Moodle course. Once she has copied all of the videos for processing, Moodle access can be removed.
- Through email: You can request captioning for your digital videos by emailing the video link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your class subject, course number and the approximate “show by” date.
- Open the Moodle course
- Select “Turn editing on” (top right corner)
- Go to the activity that the video will be added to and select “Edit” and “Edit Settings”
- Click on the “Toolbar Toggle” button to expand the toolbar (see image below)
- Select the “HTML” button in the toolbar (see image below)
- In the “HTML source editor” text box copy and paste the video’s HTML (i.e. embed) code
- Select the the “Update” button (bottom left corner)
- The video will now be displayed
- Select “Save and return to course” or “Save and display” (bottom of page)