Home » Services and Policies
Services and Policies
- It is the student’s responsibility to notify the Office of Disability Services (ODS) if they will not be attending a class, meeting or event where an interpreter or transcriber have been requested. ODS needs to receive 24 hours advance notice that you will not be at your class.
- Interpreter & Transcriber Services
- Interpreters/Transcribers will wait outside the classroom for 15 minutes for classes lasting 60-90 minutes, or 30 minutes for three hour classes. If the student does not show up, the interpreter/transcriber will immediately return to the ODS and inform the coordinator. The student who missed class will receive an email stating their absence and a reminder of ODS policy and procedures. The interpreter/transcriber may be assigned to another assignment.
- If a student misses the same class three times without sufficient notification, the support services (interpreter/transcriber) will be canceled until the student arranges to meet the Director of ODS.
- If your interpreter/transcriber does not show up for an assignment, students should contact ODS as soon as possible. If there is another service person available, they will be sent as a substitute. ODS will follow up with the employee concerning the “No-show” and take appropriate action.
- Any Notification of Cancellation that comes into the office less than one hour before the class time will be considered a no-show and will be documented as such. ODS can be reached 24 hours a day and weekends at (503) 838-8250 (voice/TTY) or by e-mail
- If you have extenuating circumstances regarding not being in class or not being able to contact the office in a timely manner to cancel services, please contact the office at 503-838-8250 to set up an appointment with either the Accommodations Coordinator or the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services Coordinator.
OFFICE OF DISABILITY SERVICES Voice: (503) 838-8250 | VideoPhone: (503) 512-5258 | Fax: (503) 838-8721 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org | Location: APSC room 405 | Opening Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00AM - 5:00PM) "If you have a disability that may require some accommodation in order to participate in a Western Oregon University class or activity, please notify the Office of Disability Services at 503-838-8250 or email@example.com at least 3 business days in advance. To request an interpreter, please fill out the INTERPRETER REQUEST FORM."