ALTERNATIVE TESTING POLICY
Please review the information below to understand the procedure and policies in regard to scheduling and taking your alternative tests at the Office of Disability Services:
- The Office of Disability Services (ODS) administers alternative testing to students with disabilities who are approved for services.
- Students will be asked to schedule an orientation with ODS which explains the process for requesting alternative testing. This orientation can take place multiple times, at the students’ request.
- Alternative testing requests must be submitted through AIM three (3) business days in advance of the requested test date. It is important that students show up on time to take full advantage of the extended testing time. Penalties for lateness are at the discretion of each faculty member. Questions regarding penalties for lateness should be addressed with the professor directly.
- Personal items such as backpacks, cell phones, jackets, ect. will be stored in a secured area in the ODS office. Each alternative testing contract will state what is allowed for each exam.
- Cellphones, smartwatches, cameras, laptops, or any gadgets are NOT allowed in the testing room.
- Hats, books, calculators, translators, or notebooks will be checked before each exam.
- The use of internet is NOT allowed on any devices during the exam.
- No children are allowed in the testing room.
- Proctors must be notified when a student leaves the testing room.
- Students are encouraged to notify staff members if:
(a) the environment is distracting
(b) they have a special need
(c) they have any questions or concerns