BA/BS Information Systems
The Information Systems degree bridges the study of business and information systems and is less theoretical than the computer science major. An academic focus is placed on the practical application of technology in support of business operation, management, and decision making. Graduates receive a solid foundation in enterprise computing. Enterprise computing encompasses various types of enterprise software required to support an organization’s operations and goals. We are committed to preparing graduates who become productive employees.
- Design and implement information system solutions to meet organizational needs.
- Identify opportunities and implement systems using information technology to improve organizational efficiency and productivity.
- Manage ongoing information system operations.
To enter the Information Systems program, students should have a minimum of MTH 111 equivalency.
- Sample four-year degree plan, including information on the IS minor
- Information Systems Pathways – a graphical view of a typical pathway leading to a BA/BS in Information Systems