BS Computer Science
Founded in 1980, the Western Oregon Computer Science program blends instruction of theoretical and practical aspects of computing, with an emphasis on the practical. Our graduates demonstrate a solid foundation in core concepts, problem solving and decision-making skills, preparing graduates who will be productive employees as software engineers and lifelong learners.
Upon completion of the Computer Science program at Western Oregon University, students should be able to:
1. Demonstrate expertise in software engineering practices.
2. Master software development and project management tools consistent with current industry standards.
3. Exhibit autodidactic qualities through individual studies, group projects and research opportunities.
Computer Science majors must have a grade of C or better in the required Computer Science major courses.
- Sample four-year degree plan, including information on the CS minor
- Computer Science Pathways – a graphical view of a typical pathway leading to a BS in Computer Science