Home » K-12 Educators
At WOU there are many pathways to developing your career as a K-12 educator.
Current trends show that a generation of teachers is soon to retire in Oregon, leaving our school system with a strong need for qualified new teachers. With an anticipated gap in teachers vs. available teaching positions over the next several years the need for educators with Oregon teaching certification is higher than ever. You can start to prepare now to meet the needs and shape your future and that of students in school systems across the state and beyond. At Western, we offer several initial teacher licensure pathways to help you discover your perfect niche in the K-12 education field.
- Master of Arts in Teaching: Middle/High School Licensure Program
- Master of Arts in Teaching: Elementary Licensure Program
- Master of Science in Education: Deaf and Hard of Hearing Educator Licensure Program
- Master of Science in Education: Special Education
You can increase your teaching power and build upon your license with the following additional options:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Dual Language Specialization (Link coming soon. Contact us for more information)
- Elementary Mathematics Instructional Leader