WOU CERT Resources
ARE YOU READY??
Disaster can strike when you least expect it… SO PREPARE
Make a Plan ~ Develop an emergency plans which includes evacuation from home, work, and your community. Gather emergency phone numbers and send the information about your plan to a relative or friend in another state. It also can help to send them a copy of important numbers you will need on Insurance, Medical records, banks, etc..
- Emergency Communication Plan
- Financial Emergency Plan
- Do 1 Thing ~ Do 1 Thing is a 12-month program that makes it easy for you to prepare yourself, your family, and your community for emergencies or disasters. Getting Started is Easy. Being prepared for disasters and emergencies can seem like a big job. Many people don’t know where to start, so they never start at all. With Do 1 Thing you can take small steps that make a big difference in an emergency.
- Employee & Family Disaster Preparedness Guide Oregon Office of Emergency Management
- Sept., 2016 Legislative Update on Emergency Preparedness
- Jan, 2017 Ms. Kinney’s classroom in New Jersey the Kids Guide to Building a Disaster Supply Kit. Thank you to Jason, Abby, Julian & Taylor (the HCC Safety Ready Team)!
- March 2018 Great resource from Legacy Health: on building a Fire Escape Plan
- Did you know that only 26% of families have developed and practiced a home fire escape plan?
- Did you know that having a working smoke alarm cuts the chance of serious injury or death in a home fire by 50%?
- Did you further know that drawing up and teaching your kids and household members a simple, easy-to-follow home fire escape plan is much less arduous than you think and can be turned into a fun afternoon activity?
Link to PDF Fire Escape Plan for home and family.
Make a Kit ~ Collect and assemble supplies which include food, water and/or water filters, and supplies for at least 3 days. Here are examples of ideas to include in your kit.
Get Trained ~ Learn about the hazards that may strike your community, the risks you face from these hazards, and your community’s plans for warning and evacuation. Learn how to shut off your utilities safely, and learn how to shelter in place, both at home, work, or traveling. CERT Training provides important disaster preparedness.
Great Oregon ShakeOut
10-20-16 at 10:20 am
CERT Groups around the Willamette Valley
- Additional CERT Training is available both online or in a variety of locations in the valley. FEMA provides online courses
- Polk Co. CERT Team – Facebook
- Benton Co. CERT Team
- Marion Co. CERT Team
- Yamhill Co. CERT Team