Home » Resources
WOU CERT Resources
ARE YOU READY??
Disaster can strike when you least expect it… SO PREPARE
Make a Plan ~ Develop an emergency plans which includes evacuation from home, work, and your community. Gather emergency phone numbers and send the information about your plan to a relative or friend in another state. It also can help to send them a copy of important numbers you will need on Insurance, Medical records, banks, etc..
- Emergency Communication Plan
- Financial Emergency Plan
- Do 1 Thing ~ Do 1 Thing is a 12-month program that makes it easy for you to prepare yourself, your family, and your community for emergencies or disasters. Getting Started is Easy. Being prepared for disasters and emergencies can seem like a big job. Many people don’t know where to start, so they never start at all. With Do 1 Thing you can take small steps that make a big difference in an emergency.
- Employee & Family Disaster Preparedness Guide Oregon Office of Emergency Management
- Sept., 2016 Legislative Update on Emergency Preparedness
- Jan, 2017 Ms. Kinney’s classroom in New Jersey the Kids Guide to Building a Disaster Supply Kit. Thank you to Jason, Abby, Julian & Taylor (the HCC Safety Ready Team)!
Make a Kit ~ Collect and assemble supplies which include food, water and/or water filters, and supplies for at least 3 days. Here are examples of ideas to include in your kit.
Get Trained ~ Learn about the hazards that may strike your community, the risks you face from these hazards, and your community’s plans for warning and evacuation. Learn how to shut off your utilities safely, and learn how to shelter in place, both at home, work, or traveling. CERT Training provides important disaster preparedness.
Great Oregon ShakeOut
10-20-16 at 10:20 am
CERT Groups around the Willamette Valley
- Additional CERT Training is available both online or in a variety of locations in the valley. FEMA provides online courses
- Polk Co. CERT Team – Facebook
- Benton Co. CERT Team
- Marion Co. CERT Team
- Yamhill Co. CERT Team